Roksan Caspian CD player history

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by hifienthusiast, Nov 20, 2004.

1. hifienthusiast

hifienthusiast

I just bought a second hand Roksan Caspian CD player. The seller told me that it is about 2 years old. The buttons are black, unlike the latest Caspian M series. At the back, there is a sticker which says "Mk II".

Searching the internet shows there was an original Caspian CD player in 1997, then it was upgraded to M series which has silver buttons and the internal has also been upgraded. Now the latest Caspian has a complete different front panel, the CD mechanism doesn't have a flip down front anymore.

I saw in an ebay advert that an original Mk I can be upgraded to Mk II spec by Rokan.

Can someone tell me what version is mine and also give a more precise history of the Caspian CD player?

BTW, it sounds very nice.

Regards
    Hon

hifienthusiast, Nov 20, 2004
  2. hifienthusiast

andyoz

Hon,

Just emailed you some reviews I had for that player, although not sure they are for the exact model you are after.

Is it just me or are manufacturers trying to confuse us with model names? My Primare D30.2 is a MkII but it is not easy to tell from a casual glance at the unit, why didn't they just call it a D30.3? Roksan seem to be doing the same thing.

Andy

andyoz, Nov 21, 2004
Ask a Question