Roksan turntable mat upgrade

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Paul V, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Paul V

Paul V

Don't fancy socks or pants or jumpers this year from Aunty Flo ??.

Go to www.roksan.co.uk and click on "upgrades".

The new "R-mat 5" [replacement mat for all Roksan turntables with aluminum platters] is at the top of the upgrade list. You'll need to open a PDF document to read all about it.

When I spoke to Roksan about something else the other day they told me this mat is £25. Would make a nice Christmas present for Roksan t/t owners [if it works !!].

PV

Paul V, Nov 26, 2004
  2. Paul V

GTM Resistance IS Futile !

Interesting.

I wonder how much it would cost me to upgrade my original Xerxes with all of the available upgrades.

ie

TMS 2 bearing assmbly , Upgrade Plinth & Mat.

I wonder where that would make it sit in terms of performance of all the available Roksan TTs. Probably somewhere between a Xerxes 10 and an original TMS I would guess.

Any body have experience of bearing upgrades on TTs? what kind of prices we talking here?

GTM

GTM, Nov 26, 2004
  3. Paul V

Paul V

GTM

My original Xerxes is a XPS3.5 version [ie the speed control is still in the wooden sleeve] with a DSU power supply.

I phoned Roksan the other day and asked how much it would cost to upgrade the Xerxes speed control/power supply to current spec.

To get a DX2 [Caspian sized] box with the XPS5 power supply and DSU in it would cost about £525 [given that I've got the DSU already]. If you didn't have a DSU then the DX2 box would cost £650. I presume they take the case off the DSU and put the insides into the DX2 box along with the speed control.

I don't know how much the bearing or plinth upgrades cost and how much they influence the sound, but like you I'd love to know !!.

Yours ever

Paul

Paul V, Nov 26, 2004
Ask a Question