Room interactions...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Feb 22, 2004.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

After getting the S300, I started to have some nasty problems with room interaction. I could tell that it wasn't the amp at fault, but rather that it was provoking the room. Moving the speakers about didn't help that much....

However, I hit upon something that did an awful lot to help. I put a (largish... about 1/4 of the total cross sectional area) ridge of blu-tak in the end of the port tube that sits at the end of the transmission line in the speakers... and voila!

Room interactions are, of course, not completely solved, but the bass is now much tighter, and not overbearing the mids (which remain a little recessed, but I know why...). All in all, it's a cheap tweak, that helped a great deal.

I-S, Feb 22, 2004
  2. I-S

Gustavo

The S300 use to create a wide dispersion pattern in speakers, creating a wider stereo scene to listen, in consequence the room should be larger than before, because the dispersion will interact more, specially with the side walls.

My tip is to move loudspeakers apart from the side and the front wall. May be room lens will also help.

Gustavo

Gustavo, Feb 22, 2004
Ask a Question