Rotel RCD1070 cdp + spare laser/assembly

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by spev, Sep 14, 2008.

1. spev

spev

For sale is my beloved modified rcd1070 cdp. Comes with remote. The modifications are all easily reversible so I'm offering this up as modded, or stock, whichever is preferable. It's in very good condition and comes with a spare laser and assembly (photos below) I bought in case the laser died. I also have a spare drawer cog, bought from Rotel but never needed. There's a 15mm scratch on the top of the fascia (attempted photo below) and a small scratch on the cd drawer, which I couldn't get to show on photo.

front:

[​IMG]

back:

[​IMG]

scratch:

[​IMG]

Modifications:

1. Separate rectifier bridge (11dq10 schottky) and RCRC resistor/cap filter (0.47R/1000uf panansonic fm caps) for the analog out stage. 317/337 regulators feeding just the opamps.
    2. opamps socketed. Currently actually using the original BB opa2604 opamps. I can supply a selection of opamps to try if you want (lm4562, ad826, op2134). Note that it would be advisable to put output coupling caps back in if trying other opamps - measure the dc offset at the caps and make sure it's under 50mV before removing them again.
    3. black gate opamp decoupling replaced with vishay mkp1837 polypropylene caps.
    4. output coupling caps removed and replaced with wire links (zero dc offset)
    5. electrolytic caps between dac and opamps replaced with 10uf clarity cap SA (the big black jobbies)

[​IMG]

Spare Laser:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Due to the relative fragility of the modifications I would prefer pickup/meet if bought modded. I can post if bought stock.

As for pricing, I'm thinking

Modded: £140 (pickup/meet)
    Unmodded: £130 incl uk mainland p&p

Thanks

James

spev, Sep 14, 2008
Ask a Question