router harddrive and squeezebox

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by dreftar, Dec 20, 2008.

1. dreftar

dreftar

I am enjoying using my squeezebox duet very much, however my external hard drive can get quite noisy and is becoming annoying at times. I was wondering if there is a wireless router with a USB 2 port so that my hard drive could reside out in the hall beside my router rather than in my listening room beside my quiet laptop!

:MILD:

dreftar, Dec 20, 2008
  2. dreftar

lbr monkey boy

I'm sure there are, but I've never seen one. Alternatively, why don't you buy a NAS drive - buffalo do a range of excellent and cheap drives that will connect via ethernet to your existing router

lbr, Dec 20, 2008
  3. dreftar

Graffoeman

I agree with lbr, if you can't hide your drive away somewhere then NAS makes the most sense.

It is worth noting that a number of wireless usb hubs have appeared recently. Belkin do one. These have been reviewed in the mainstream computer press and, whilst working as advertised, are really only up to connecting the less demanding peripherals, such as printers. They will not be up to streaming audio much above low bitrate mp3.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you stumbled across one. ;)

Graffoeman, Dec 20, 2008
Ask a Question