SACD player cutting the end off CD's

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by neek, Oct 27, 2005.

1. neek

neek

Does anyone who uses a 2 channel SACD player have any problems? My Inja / Jungson player cuts some CD's off about 1 second before they should end. It only happens on a couple of CD's. Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream, and one or two other random albums. It also does it on a CD of a friends music. I was told that some SACD players do this so sending it back won't help.
    It seems to be on very few CD's but it consistantly does it with those disks.

Any info appreciated.

neek, Oct 27, 2005
  2. neek

technobear Ursine Audiophile

How long are the CD's? Do they go beyond the Red Book time limit? (Not that I can remember it :D Something like 73 minutes I think :confused: )

technobear, Oct 27, 2005
  3. neek

neek

Nope, it's only 58 mins long and an unmarked original!
    Plays fine on other CD players.

neek, Oct 27, 2005
  4. neek

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

I've had several SACD players and never encountered this problem.

alanbeeb, Oct 27, 2005
  5. neek

hifikrazy

Ive never heard of that before myself. Are they standard redbook cds? (eg not hdcd, not just length wise). Might be interesting to make a decent copy using EAC (correctly setup) and burn to a CDR and see if that gives the same problem.

hifikrazy, Oct 27, 2005
  6. neek

Anex Thermionic

Is there no chance they could upgrade the firmware?
    What happens if you copy the affected CD's onto CDR and play them?

Anex, Oct 27, 2005
  7. neek

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

Neek, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the jungson. Annoying little "quirks" like this have put me off buying any chinese spinners for the moment. The difficulty in returning them & servicing etc. has put me off too. I've been researching jungson, xindak & shanling over on the US forums. In terms of QC, they seem to score pretty low.

This is a real shame as I am desperately keen to take advantage fo the price/vfm that chinese gear seems to offer.

Was very, very close to ordering the same deck as you, but got nervous about it at the last minute.

Can't help you with your specific problem, but do let us know if you manage to fix it OK.

DT

Dynamic Turtle, Oct 27, 2005
  8. neek

neek

I have emailed Jungson about it and shall let people know of any reply. It is odd that from all the CD's I play it has only done it on two! I mentioned it to Ben from Chinese-hifi and he said that he would sort out any problems or replace it as rqd.
    Cheers for the info everyone.
    :)

neek, Oct 28, 2005
Ask a Question