Save ZG!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by RobHolt, Jun 23, 2008.

1. RobHolt

LiloLee Blah, Blah, Blah.........

Tones posts mostly back on HFC, with the occassional post on the Quad Yahoo group, but never on Classical. Haven't seen RdS for years and GrahamN doesn't bother with HiFi forums at all, and sticks with his skiing friends. Titian mainly posts in the German forums these days as he feels this forum isn't a friendly place anymore (see above)

LiloLee, Jun 28, 2008
  2. RobHolt

Cocky1257, I see you just don't get it, and your posts are bound to encourage a whole new wave of posters, especially those that don't speak English, so in the vernacular of the kids now a days "Whatever"

LiloLee, Jun 28, 2008
  3. RobHolt

anon_bb Honey Badger

Only a small minority are interested diy and vintage - I fear leaning that direction might just put even more people off.

anon_bb, Jun 28, 2008
  4. RobHolt

ZG already has a DIY section, and we can talk vintage in the HiFi section, so why bother?

Essentially, we just need to post more :)

LiloLee, Jun 28, 2008
  5. RobHolt

cooky1257

No doubt to respond to this will bring accusations of Alpha male behaviour but here goes.
    1.So accusing members of whinging isn't considered unpleasant and unhelpful but objecting to it is.
    2.To be first to suggest the following changes; a clean slate year zero fresh tart , a Vintage hifi section, design change, an old mag section etc is considered unconstructive and unhelpful but to agree with them gets a pat on the back.
    If I'm accused of being part of the problem I 'm entitled to respond and the length of time 'you've' known someone should have bugger all to do with it.
    The elephant in the room is that the mods allowed this place to get out of control-allowing friendships to cloud their judgement-modding wasn't even handed and some very rude and pffensive people were allowed far too much leeway.
    I thought Zanash was unhelpful with the 'stop whinging' comment and said so, precisely on the grounds of the 'unpleasantness' you allude to.
    regards
    Cooky

cooky1257, Jun 28, 2008
  6. RobHolt

cooky1257

Lee,
    I get the impression you are just picking on me now.
    I do get 'it' and was only expressing 'it' by objecting to the 'stop whinging' remark..
    I'd be interested in reading your suggestions for encouraging non english speaking members.
    And it's cooky not cocky but o and c are close together on the keyboard I suppose.
    Regards
    Cooky

cooky1257, Jun 28, 2008
  7. RobHolt

scott_01

Let it go dudes, let it go.

I watch more often than post because I don't often have that much to add. Well, that and my system has been in boxes for a few months.

I do remember when I first registered that there was a lot more going on but most people have other (better?) things to do. People like WM who has a lot to add also has a business to run, and other knowledgable folk have left or post less. There's only so much talking about something that you can do before you have to actually take part in the relevant activity. In this case that is listening to music.

The only thing which puts me off is extended semantics-related discussions which inevitably descend into acrimony. Sometimes it's best just to leave it.

I still check nearly every day and go through short phases of posting a fair bit. I don't think there is too much wrong with the forum; although I would echo the sentiment that maybe some of us less frequent contributors should post more often.

I like the way the site looks and also think that it's pretty friendly too.

P.S. Lee, the amp is still great.

scott_01, Jun 28, 2008
  8. RobHolt

cooky1257

Consider it done.
    Cooky

cooky1257, Jun 28, 2008
  9. RobHolt

Joe

That's illegal in some states!

Joe, Jun 28, 2008
  10. RobHolt

cooky1257

:D:D:D:D and compulsory in some public schools!

cooky1257, Jun 28, 2008
  11. RobHolt

hi-fi evangelis

too much slating and back biting going on thats why no one is posting use your ears for a change not your mouths or mind
    looking forward to a reformed forum with more sensible posting.
    cheers all
    jon

hi-fi evangelis, Jun 28, 2008
  12. RobHolt

la toilette Downright stupid

Not at all IMO, 99.9% of posts are friendly and good humoured with only the occasional misunderstanding or misinterpretation (sometimes deliberate ;)) the cause of temporarily ruffled feathers. Of course there's disagreement sometimes, it wouldn't be right if there wasn't, and obviously we can like different things, so what?! I don't think there's a crisis, ZG will live on, we're all still here and this thread shows that most people at least still visit the site. Chill :cool:.

la toilette, Jun 28, 2008
  13. RobHolt

joel Shaman of Signals

Cooky has made nearly 500 posts in less than a year. I think that gives him plenty of right to voice his opinion however strong it may be.
    Simply saying post more does not help.
    There are reasons why people are not posting very much on here which need to be addressed.
    If not, ZG becomes a graveyard.

joel, Jun 28, 2008
  14. RobHolt

tones compulsive cantater

Present, sir. I actually don't post very much any more anywhere, because, with the arrival of the ESL 57s, I am completely happy with what I have, and I only buy stuff when something breaks down. I have said everything that I want to say on cables, etc., so I simply steer clear of such threads. So, on matters hi-fi, as I have nothing to say, I say nothing.

I still keep my Bach cantata thread going (an enduring passion, so to speak).

Rodrigo (RdS) is very busy (he's now a full professor in the University of Lisbon), and he has had some health problems recently - and of course he'd much rather play his harpsichord than listen to other people do it!

I do miss GrahamN - nobody was better informed on romantic music.

tones, Jun 30, 2008
  15. RobHolt

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

In my case, the things that interest me don't seem to be of interest to people who post on this forum, so I don't bother posting about them.

I never read the cable threads - in fact, if I'm honest, I don't read most of the threads.

YNMOAN, Jun 30, 2008
  16. RobHolt

RobHolt Moderator

So what does interest you?

You might find lots of other people agree.

RobHolt, Jun 30, 2008
Ask a Question