Scam Warning

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mart, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Mart

Mart Smog Dodger

Ive got a few things for sale as some of you may have noticed, and received this email today, they must really think people are stupid.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

My name is Felicia Adex(42),and I'm from Australia.. I saw your advert for the "Linn Intek amplifier £110",and i'll love to purchase it..Please send me any available pictures.

As regards payment, I will be paying you with a Cashier's check through my Banker in USA,who's owing me £2200 due to my outstanding dividends with them.I'll want you to recieve,and cash the check,and you'll deduct your full payment for the item purchased and also an extra £40 as a tip for selling to me..Trust you are okay with that....

As for the remaining balance,I'll send you the address and information of the shipping company representative,inorder for you to send the balance to him via western union,so that they can arrange the shipping to me in Australia.

If everything is okay by you,Pls do not hesitate to send me your Data for recieving the payment...

1, full name ... (Name to be on the cheque)
    2, full physical address ... (no P.O.BOX ADDRESS)
    3, phone numbers ... (Home,Office and cell)

Awaiting your response,

Regards,

Felicia Adex Mrs...
    {Matron,Metropolitan Hospital}.

Mart, Jan 11, 2005
  2. Mart

robert_cyrus

i had lots of this via email

of course i dont actually bank with Lloyds TSB
    plus the link in the email doesn't actually take you to the official lloyds bank site

robert_cyrus, Jan 11, 2005
  3. Mart

Mart Smog Dodger

A Lady in Middlesborough fell for that one, though it was with HSBC, they got a few thousand out of her account before the bank became suspicious.

Mart, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Mart

saddam

I got a similar one with ebay. The link looked so legit too. I emailed ebay about it and they said they would never ask me to update like that online. You could well imagine less aware people falling for such scams though.

saddam, Jan 12, 2005
Ask a Question