Sell rare vinyl set or trade for phono stage

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by ListeningEar, May 17, 2005.

1. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

I have the rare and very desirable Kruder & Dorfmeister K&D Sessions on the 4xLP set which is near mint condition. The album has been in a clear protective sleeve since new and is in superb condition.

Current market value for this is around £120.00 and I am willing to sell or trade for a high-quality phono stage, something like the Graham Slee 2 which is of equivalent value.

Drop me a PM to let me know if you would like to buy the vinyl or trade. If trading please let me have full details of the equipment you have to offer. Cartridge I am using is the Goldring 1042.

Here's a link to the vinyl set:

http://www.discogs.com/release/75137

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2005
    ListeningEar, May 17, 2005
  2. ListeningEar

djdstone

Is it really worth that much - better sell my copy quick!

djdstone, May 17, 2005
  3. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Yes it is, in fact some copies have been changing hands for anything up to £150.00, I picked a figure I thought was average.
    I have mine listed on my GEMM store and have tons of enquiries, all from customers who want the vinyl but can't afford the current market value

ListeningEar, May 17, 2005
  4. ListeningEar

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

There's a copy on £pay for £120 right now - interestingly enough. Looks like that user's been scratch mixing with his copy mind you (talk of bpm stickers etc).

How the hell can a modern record be worth that much? I thought my 3xLP copy of "Loved up" cost enough (£25) on Ebay in 2003, and that's 1995. A first press of "Piper at the gates of dawn" maybe, but...?

What's the music like on these records, out of curiosity?

Not trying to nix any prospective deal here - just curious...

domfjbrown, May 18, 2005
  5. ListeningEar

Anex Thermionic

The music is awesome, synth bossanova/breaky jazz type stuff. Should be in everyones collection in some format or other. CD is generally a little cheaper :) Can usually be had in the sales. Awesome bass too, esp the heros remix with a big sine wave wobbling up and down in pitch.

Anex, May 18, 2005
  6. ListeningEar

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Mmm - might have to check this out then... :)

domfjbrown, May 18, 2005
  7. ListeningEar

djdstone

Where have you been for the past ten years mate?

djdstone, May 18, 2005
  8. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

I have seen that copy too,that's not my copy by the way, mine's near mint!

Well a records worth is dependant on a number of things, you've actually hit on one of them, it's the fact that alot of even limited pressings have been used by DJ's and their current condition is poor at best. Therefore if the used market only has a slim picking of copies that are in excellent to mint condition then the commanding prices will increase. I can't see a copy of this release fetching £120 if it has been used for scratching though.

Another thing to bear in mind that just because a record is old does not mean it is necessarily worth alot of money, there are plenty of modern records that are worth mega-money.

ListeningEar, May 18, 2005
Ask a Question