Selling the Car

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dreftar, Apr 1, 2009.

1. dreftar

dreftar

I'm moving back to South Australia permanently in October. What is the best way to sell off my car as I shall need it right up to the time that I leave? - OK a few days before I leave.

:confused:

dreftar, Apr 1, 2009
  2. dreftar

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

You will get more money if you sell it privately but you may not be able to sell it quickly. If you sell it to a trader you will probably not get much for it depending on the car you have.

amazingtrade, Apr 1, 2009
  3. dreftar

DavidF

I think may be the value othe car is not your top priority?

Talk to your local car dealer and explain the circumsatnces....see what can be agreed.

E bay could be one option but depends on things going smoothly....which they don't always.

Private is another idea but yoiur requirements could complicate the deal.

It it was me I would talk to a local dealer.

DavidF, Apr 1, 2009
  4. dreftar

rodrat

You almost guarantee it will go tits up when you are under time pressure to sell or complete the deal. If you have a friend or relative you can trust, use this as a fallback. If not, you will take a huge hit with a dealer especially if they know you need to shift it quick. If its a decent car why not ship it out, the cost is likely to be less that you will lose from a dealer.

rodrat, Apr 2, 2009
  5. dreftar

dreftar

Thanks everyone - Even if only to confirm what I suspected. I think that basically there are two courses of action: 1 leave with a relative to sell or 2 sell now and buy a cheapo with a few months mot on it to use until I go.

The option of taking it with me is not really on as I already have two cars in Australia.

Thank you all for your input.

:MILD:

dreftar, Apr 2, 2009
Ask a Question