Sennheiser HE60/HV70 Electrostatic Phones

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by alanbeeb, Jun 18, 2004.

1. alanbeeb

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

Folks - I've got a pair of these amazing cans that I've had for a number of years lying unused. They are superb electrostatic headphones with a dedicated class A amplifier.

Cosmetically they are a wee bit used looking - could do with new earpads and headband but these can still be obtained from Sennheiser dealers.
    These were £950 new 8 years ago, only looking for £200 to move them quickly to add to my funds for a new CDP. I think I've still got the boxes.

They sound superb, better IMO than the equivalent priced Stax phones of the time.

I've also got a Headroom More Static processor which provides a convincingly better left-to-right soundfield for all headphone amps.... well worth trying if you are a headphone fan. Will let it go for £50, it originally cost a lot more when I imported it from USA.
    see www.headphone.com for details of the processor.

alanbeeb, Jun 18, 2004
  2. alanbeeb

Tim F

Sounds interesting.

Will these be better than my current Grado RS2's?

I suspect earpad's and headband won't cost that much but what is the condition of the phones themselves (+ the amp)?

Pictures appreciated....

Thanks, Tim

Tim F, Jun 18, 2004
  3. alanbeeb

PM your email address and I'll send pictures.

I've just fired them up....... should I really be selling these? Imagine sticking a pair of electrostatics to your ears.

better than a pair of RS2s - definitely. I think that's a bit subjective to make a judgement, I've never tried RS2's.

After these phones I was never happy with normal speakers until I got a pair of quads.

Technically they are fine, but the PVC/leather covering on the earpads and headband is begining to perish so replacement would be advisable.
    I know there is a place in Edinburgh - Strachan Electronics or something like that - who do spares for them.

alanbeeb, Jun 18, 2004
  4. alanbeeb

Tim F

Hi there,

Please email the pics to Blue_Sky at Tiscali dot co dot uk

Hope that makes sense....

I'll try to find out the price of the spares too.... if you already know please let me know in the email (saves me time).

Thanks, Tim

Tim F, Jun 19, 2004
  5. alanbeeb

SOLD!
    pending cheque arriving next week.....

alanbeeb, Jun 19, 2004
Ask a Question