SET Amp

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by themystical, Jul 31, 2008.

1. themystical

themystical

Looking for a SET Amp to drive my AKG K1000 earspeakers. The folk at HeadFi believe a 300B works well but anything interesting like a 211 or DIY considered.

themystical, Jul 31, 2008
  2. themystical

lbr monkey boy

What do you want to spend?

lbr, Aug 1, 2008
  3. themystical

themystical

As little as possible. :)
    It is for headphones so would prefer not to go wild. Max £600 say but I would obviously be swayed by SQ.

themystical, Aug 1, 2008
  4. themystical

rockhopper

Hi, I have no idea about headphone amps, but I have an integrated valve amp for sale in another thread. Its an Audion Sterling. Cheers

rockhopper, Aug 1, 2008
  5. themystical

Mikeb

amps for K1000 headphones

I have several amps which I have bought over the years to drive my K1000 headphones, ranging from the Norh SE9 (EL34 SET connected) as reviewed at 6 Moons site with the K1000 phones, a Sophia Electric (4xEL34), a Pass Labs Aleph 3, and a FIRST WATT F3, all these amp are great for driving the K1000 headphones and have been recomended at the web site Head HiFi at various times, all them are for sale if interested, personally I always found the little Sophia Electric valve amp drove them the best to my ears.

Mikeb, Aug 1, 2008
  6. themystical

themystical

Wow Mike....you have obviously been on the quest for the best amp to drive the K1000!! So are you just thinning your collection of amps or is it because you have actually found the ultimate amp? I have not tried any of the amps you mention but they all come recommended on HeadFi so woulld be interested in any one of them. Perhaps you could PM me with what you might be looking for?

themystical, Aug 1, 2008
Ask a Question