SHANLING SCD-T200C, high end SACD player

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by guilders0, May 28, 2010.

1. guilders0

guilders0

Up for grab a superb and high end CD / SACD player, brand Shanling, hard to find.
    High end unit, that excels in both CD and SACD playback.
    Fitted with one of the best DAC (analog to digital converter) available (Burr Brown PCM 1738 24 bit) and one of the best transports available from SONY KMH-280AAA in a custom aluminium housing.
    The unit features a sophisticated distribution of voltage via 4 ring-core transformers completely shielded as well as separated for digital- and analog sections, tube heating, anodes, integrated circuits and illumination diodes.
    Another feature is the electronic volume control which enables you to connect the SCD-T2000 directly to a power amplifier or active speakers, bypassing the need for a preamplifier.For the decoding of SACD, the Shanling utilises a high end chip from SONY CXD2753 DSD.The player offers a direct and valve line outputs.
    Both are usable at the same time so this allows to easily make comparisons or play with two different amps...
    Last but not least, the player is fitted with an excellent phono stage. I didn't tested it by myself, but it is known to be of the very best level.

HifiNews gave a rave review of the unit: http://www.realhi-fi.com/pdf/shhn0504.pdf

Besides its stunning quality, I have tweaked the unit by replacing the lowest quality components (no soldering have been made inside the unit, so these tweaks didn't harm the unit and are reversible):
    -change of the stock tubes by GE ones (not the ones for the headset output).
    -change of the 6 OPA by discrete models. This tweak really allows to get the best out of the fabulous DAC. The stock OPAs are good but in no way of that level of discrete ones, that allow to gain on every aspect: medium/vocals, spatialization, details, tighteness of the bass...

In the end this player reveals to be very musical, detailed, neutral but with a slight warm side (never aggressive nor bright), medium is superb with splendid voices (natural, grainy, no sibbilance), with a very detailed articulate and tight low register (yes even with the use of the tube output!).
    You can listen for hours without beign tired even at a high volume.

The player is in a perfect condition, both aestithicaly and working. Shipped with the remote and power cord.
    For those interested I can give a copy of all the internal schematics.

The player is located in Belgium. Although I do not have the original packaging, I have prepared one myself as, if not more, robust, so I can ship without problems(price to be discussed).

Asking price 1200£.

Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

guilders0, May 28, 2010
Ask a Question