Shanling SCD-T200C (MkIII) Tube SACD Player

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Dynamic Turtle, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

This is an officially sourced (Shadow Audio) 3D sonics, 230v UK model, the last version they made (MkIII) with drilled vents between the transformers, silver trim and no blinging blue LEDs.

It's also been modified by Chevin (Chevron) Audio, at a cost of £300, including upgrades to the power supply, clock and valve output stage (op amps removed). The IC volume chip has NOT been bypassed because it's very quiet and may be useful for headphone enthusiasts. Please note that the because the tube op amps have been bypassed, output is 1v rather than 2v. The Burr Brown transistor output stage is still 2 volts though.

I've had this for a few months now, but it simply isn't getting on in my system. I bought it without demoing (another cautionary tale for you all!) and I don't like the voicing. The midband sound a bit too forward in my system. I've decided that I prefer the more laid-back presentation of the Sony players, even though they don't have anywhere near the dynamic range of the Shanling.

It is in 100% perfect condition, complete with box, all accessories including remote, modification invoices and warranty from Shadow/Jordan. In terms of disc reading, it reads 51 out of my 52 sacds. HOWEVER, it sometimes throws its toys out of the pram and refuses to read a disc. When this happens, I've found that switching the player off then on again solves the problem ( a bit like a PC). It has never refused a read book CD.

Would prefer cash on collection from SE London, so I can demonstrate the player. Failing that, BACS and £20 for the courier.

New £2150 + £300 for mods. Paid £1250 for it a few months ago. Looking for £1100. Lemme know if you're interested.

DT

Dynamic Turtle, Oct 29, 2009
  2. Dynamic Turtle

3. Dynamic Turtle

Bump. Also on weeBay.

Dynamic Turtle, Nov 2, 2009
  4. Dynamic Turtle

Sold!

(well, part exchanged for a Marantz KI Pearl!)

DT

Dynamic Turtle, Nov 2, 2009
Ask a Question