Shipping stuff from the UK to Continental Europe

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by simon48, Nov 8, 2004.

1. simon48

simon48

Any views on the best (i.e. cheapest whilst still being insured) ways of shipping stuff from the UK to Germany? (I assume same as for Spain, Switzerland etc. etc.). I'm looking to ship a component of ca. 10kg; I'm not fussed about next day delivery or anything. Shipment by dealers in the past has cost approx. £25 per item, however I can't find anything remotely this cheap for a private person.

Thanks for any ideas.

simon48, Nov 8, 2004
  2. simon48

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

Just had a Tuner shipped from Britain to Paris. Parcel was 7 kg. The dealer used "Parcel Force Worldwide" and it cost £31.50. Was insured as Electrical goods for £500. Service was International Standard (as opposed to International Economy which I guess would have been cheaper ?). Was shipped on 3/11 and arrived on 5/11.

Hope this helps

Sir Galahad, Nov 9, 2004
  3. simon48

Jackthebiscuit Allrise

Try these,

http://www.parcels2go.co.uk/

I sent a pair of speakers to Japan for about £85 earlier this year and they only took 3 days. I think they're like brokers and buy up unused space from the shipping companies. I say that as when I used them last DHL turned up for the parcel.

Rgds
    JTB

Jackthebiscuit, Nov 9, 2004
Ask a Question