Should I buy a Marantz CD6000OSE LE?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, Dec 27, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I can get hold of a brand new Marantz CD6000OSE LE for £200 in gold (the same colour as my 6010OSE amp) and my Sony CDP is 4 years old now.

Do you think I should order one or will the difference between that and my CDP530 not be worth the while?

I was so close to ordering in the shop today but I thought I would seek some advice first.

Another thing is I have noticed the Marantz CD5400OSE for £200 as well. I am asuming the CD6000OSE LE is still better even though its not the current model.

Also I noticed Richers were doing the NAD CD521 for £150 but I am not sure if I can be bothered with RS hassle as it always seems to lead to disapointment and stress.

I am not sure what do but the CD6000 just seemed to be a bit of a bagain for £200 even though its an old model.

amazingtrade, Dec 27, 2003
  2. amazingtrade

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

just my tuppence worth :)

If I had 200-250 burning a hole in my pocket with what youve got, I'd either...

1) flog the project, get maybe 100? add that to my 250 and go out and get a second hand LP12. Id get it serviced when I had the cash.

2) flog the eltax's, again put the ....60-90? with the 250, perhaps get some second hand epos es14. Ive seen some B&W CDMSE for about 400 used aswell.

I think changes like these (not necessarily those models, you may not like them as much as me for the money) will give you a bigger bang per buck.

All IMHO.
    Sorry, I know you really wanted '' yes, go out and buy it'' ... or ''Ive heard it and didnt like it''

Happy x-mas
    cheers
    chris

bottleneck, Dec 27, 2003
  3. amazingtrade

Rory satisfied

cd6000 for 200 is cheap, not a bargain though.

as chris said, probably eltaxs first to go if you're considering an upgrade- you can find roughish Epos ES11s for £150 and they're be more of an upgrade in terms of sound per pound

my bros running a pair on a £2k Vincent amp and they do sound sweet, and go loud!!

Rory, Dec 28, 2003
  4. amazingtrade

Yeah I need to sort my speakers out but not unless I can relocate them. At the moment there are in the way are prone to damage as they can easily be knocked of the stands so if I bought expensive ones they may break.

I've had some nasty accidents with my Eltaxes but luckily it was only cosmetic.

I am doing my bedroom up in the new year when the builder comes to fit a new window. I will move my room round then to try and get a better position for them.

I listen to my headphones a lot more than my speakers as well b ecause of next door.

I won't bother with a new CD player unless mine packs up.

amazingtrade, Dec 28, 2003
  5. amazingtrade

Tenson Moderator

Then maybe you would be better off getting some nicer headphones? ;)

How much are the HD650 and an amp now?

Tenson, Dec 30, 2003
  6. amazingtrade

I will wait another year before I get new headphones, I like the sound of the Philips and I've only had them 4 months so its daft replacing them now. If the HD600 start selling for £100 then I may be tempted but otherwise I keeping my Philips.

amazingtrade, Dec 30, 2003
  7. amazingtrade

maddog 2

Superfi has them for 180 although I'm not sure if they are black or gold (which is silver really isn't it....)

maddog 2, Dec 30, 2003
  8. amazingtrade

Rory satisfied

Re: Re: Should I buy a Marantz CD6000OSE LE?

champagne, allegedly :rolleyes:

or is it Babycham?

Rory, Dec 30, 2003
Ask a Question