Should I sell my cassete deck?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, Jul 13, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I just want some advice, I have a Yamaha KX380 cassete deck, this currently sits nicely in my HIFI (fills the shelf as it where), but its not been used for months.

Its in good condition and it works well, I think I can probably get £40 for it on ebay (does this sound right?). I am slightly worried if I sell it I will suddenly need a cassete deck though (the law of sod).

The money I make from the sale could be used t get some better speaker stands or new interconnect for my CDP or even better a DAC for my CDP (I've seen a lot of audio ancharmy ones for £80 on ebay, these seem like good quality dacs).

Thanks for any advice.

amazingtrade, Jul 13, 2003
  2. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

yea sell it ,who do i make the cheque out to:D

themadhippy, Jul 13, 2003
  3. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Seriously I don't think I have even handled a cassette in over 5 years!

garyi, Jul 13, 2003
  4. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I swopped my cassette deck for a quater oz and tetris for the game boy.

I use a personal player now through a Y-Lead if I should ever need to use a tape, or use one of the other systems in the house. I can't remember the last time I listened to a tape though.

There was an atacama rack and set of speaker stands on ebay the other day with a buy it now of £80 I think.

Did you see the post on buy and sell bargains thread (whatever it's called)??? Hyperfi have the cd6000 KI advertised for £150. I have a strong suspicion that they'll not have any in stock though. If they do though! Now that's a bargain! RRP £500 with seven oaks and richers doing them for over £300 I think!

MO!, Jul 13, 2003
  5. amazingtrade

Hyperfi, from my expereince they make Richer's seem like the best company ever. I have a slightly northern accent, but its certainly not manc. I have phoned up Hyper times are few times about there bargains, I tried to get a Denon M30 for £100 there a few years ago, (it was advertised in WHF) when I phoned them they had no idea what I was talking about and all the staff I have ever spoken to seem to have really strong essex accents which make Bianaca Butcher sound well spoken.

I would like a KI, but I don't have the money as I am going on holiday in two weeks time (the trip is costing me £500 imagine what HIFI I could have bought with that!).

A KI may sound a bit strong to my ears though, although I do need my music to sound musical, and thats what the KI does best.

Also I think I will give the digital radio a miss, I guess I just want to buy some new HIFI |(I havent bought any new kit since Dec) but as I have a decent entry sysem I need to spend a lot of money to get a low mid sysyem.

I love these summmer days, I get so bored I can woffle on for england. Oh well monday tomorrow and back to work in the nice hot sun. :)

6. amazingtrade

HenryT

In that case, I'd sell the cassette deck and put the proceeds of the sale towards spending money for your holiday. :)

Right now, given the choice, would I spend £500 on a holiday or £500 on a hi-fi upgrade? I'll take the holiday thanks. :cool:

Where are you off to BTW?

HenryT, Jul 13, 2003
  7. amazingtrade

I am going on my mate on a quick rail tour of very western europe. We are going to Paris, Lille and Amsterdam. We are stayinng mainly in lesser 3 star hotels i.e better than a 2 star but not quite a proper 3 star.

8. amazingtrade

HenryT

Sounds cool. :cool:

Did a similar sort of thing last year, but over in the US, visiting some of the major cities in New York and Pennslyvania states. Stayed in Youth Hostels, but not YMCA, it was "Hosteling International". Very impressed with the accomodation. It's really basic, shared rooms but very clean and fully heated/air-conditioned. Cheaper than a hotel, but not as down in the gutter as you might expect. :)

Taking any portable music producing equipment with you?

HenryT, Jul 14, 2003
  9. amazingtrade

Yeah I bought a £50 panasonic portable CDP and some £15 Senhieser PX40 headphones (these sound ten times better than the freebies ones) its not great but it sounds ok on buses/trains. I intend to make some music CDs to take with me and also take my portable cassete player for the radio

It still sounds better than most sub £200 mini systems played on their speakers.

Youth hostels can be great, I stayed in one in London in feb, it was ok, but we should have gone to a liflier one.

amazingtrade, Jul 14, 2003
  10. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

need a tour guide for amsterdam? :JPS:
    going out there again on the 30th for the day,dont ya just luv easy jet :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2003
    themadhippy, Jul 14, 2003
  11. amazingtrade

Rory satisfied

i been youth hostelling with me folks in Holland and Spain...the cheaper ones are a bit rough admittedly but as long as you litereally just sleep (or maybe more ;) ) there and dont' spend the day then it makes for a really cheap 'n' cheerful holiday to allow you to spend more money on RA accessories :D :confused:

Rory, Jul 14, 2003
Ask a Question