Show pics, I didn't include the dull crap.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by sq225917, Sep 26, 2010.

1. sq225917

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

2. sq225917

Mondie

Thanks for posting these photo's, a lot of eye candy in that lot. What where the stand-outs at the show for you?

Cheers,
    mondie

Mondie, Sep 26, 2010
  3. sq225917

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

It's hard not to like stuff I own or have owned, or allow too little/too much to poor/good room set-up.

So stuff I am biased towards. I liked the Focals, there were lots of big Focals, most of them purely average, a few room got great sound out of them.
    [​IMG]
    I also liked the 12" arm Kuzma Stabi with Benz Glider.
    [​IMG]

Of stuff that just genuinely looked or sounded good then...

I have soft spot for the Kensais, little and honest, can't fault them.

[​IMG]
    The bigger brothers did the business this time round.
    [​IMG]
    The Avid reference pre looked good inside
    [​IMG]
    The little Unity speakers had a very high level of finish, nice Corian baffles
    [​IMG]
    Their bass panels were good sound absorbers as well, a well sorted room.
    [​IMG]
    The Cymbiosis room had the Chris Harban plinths in, these were simply sumptous- the images do not do them justice. peter was making nice sound with the vinyl as well.
    [​IMG]
    the big Tannoys were visually if not aurally impressive, i'd take a set of wooden Westministers any day over these. Nice to see them making product for oligarchs though!
    [​IMG]
    Another brand where the sound didn't match the looks was SRM, the room was too small for their intentions, but a great cross section of British built vinyl spinners for all pocket books on show.
    [​IMG]
    Prize for the most bonkers high-end product goes to Paul Benge at ABC Audio, full carbon fibre egg shaped pods. Beautiful finish but zero concession given to joining the pods visually, the struts between pods looked brutal.

Good show, though, better than average sound. The one thing I would have most liked to take home. Brinkman Bardo + 10.5 arm ...They look perfect.

sq225917, Sep 26, 2010
  4. sq225917

Dev Moderator

Thanks for sharing Simon.

Dev, Sep 26, 2010
Ask a Question