Singapore sling

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lAmBoY, Jun 27, 2003.

1. lAmBoY

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Are you an audiophile?

Do you like chinese/malaysian/indian/thai food?

Does your missus/partner enjoy shopping?

Do you like some 'me' time on holiday?

Do you want to buy some new kit CHEAPER????

Well, I have the perfect answer....get yourself a holiday to beautiful Singapore

Great food/people/shopping etc etc etc HOWEVER!!!!!!! They have a shopping centre called the Adelphi and it is HEAVING with quality HiFi shops. Follow this link for more info....http://www.stereotimes.com/event021801.shtm#AdelphiStoreFronts

It also has simply the BEST CD store in the world.....'New Disc Village' not a VAST selection, but very good tunes (and a good array of sacd and dvda to boot.) plus the chance to demo any CD on a awesome system (first time I heard the Amphion Xenons was here).

The adelphi is somewhere you can spend A WEEK on demoing!! I heard the LINN KOMRI. Big let down. Retail in UK £25K - I was offered (including shipping) £17.5K!!!! BRAND NEW!!!!

Anyway, I was lucky to be there on business (top jolly;)) but do plan to go again, may even consider taking the wife this time;)...nah!

BTW - Im the chap in the blue Leeds top.:)

[​IMG] [

lAmBoY, Jun 27, 2003
  2. lAmBoY

Robbo

Lamboy,

Are those avantarde horn things any good?

Robbo

Robbo, Jun 27, 2003
  3. lAmBoY

Mat Bon 0013 Going nowhere fast

Lamboy, glad you enjoyed Adelphi. Yeah! I can spend days there, I can imagine. Great Bargains! :JPS:

regards
    Mat

Mat Bon 0013, Jun 27, 2003
  4. lAmBoY

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

lAmBoY, I've been to Singapore a good few times on holiday. Have to agree with all your comments - a pity I never made it down to the Adelphi. Judging by that pic you've posted they've got some quality kit there! Definately a recommended holiday for anyone. Make sure you go to the Long Bar in Raffles Hotel for a few - can't be beaten, IMHO!

Apologies for reply just now that appeared with just my email address. Must have stuffed up whilst trying to copy/paste into another app.

nsherin, Jun 27, 2003
  5. lAmBoY

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Yep, the long bar was a laff. Everyone eating monkey nuts (oo'er) and throwing the shells on the floor. Wierd considering S'Pore is one of the cleanest places Ive ever been.

Robbo, Sadly I didnt get chance to listen to the avantgarde beasties - I was haggling over the price of a 'rack of silence' - If Id have bought it I would have saved over 300 squid compared to the wacky UK price.

Didnt get it in the end, but I still might as I may have another jolly coming up soon:D :D :D :D

lAmBoY, Jun 28, 2003
  6. lAmBoY

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

**** me I had two singapore slings last night and had to retire early. That is one strong cocktail.

garyi, Jun 29, 2003
  7. lAmBoY

MO! MOnkey`ead!

What's a singapore sling?

MO!, Jun 29, 2003
  8. lAmBoY

Mat Bon 0013 Going nowhere fast

Cocktail drink! Rum based IIRC.

Mat Bon 0013, Jun 29, 2003
Ask a Question