Single speaker drivers, Diatone.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by per flemming, Aug 13, 2004.

1. per flemming

per flemming

During my search for effective and maybe better suited speakers to my Sugden A21, I'm now investigating the full-range option.

Have got some help and information from guys which have been on various triode festivals, they have actual heard a number of these single speaker drivers (in open baffle only).

I now ask here if anyone have knowledge to available Diatone's P-610 or to any that have heard these (or similar) mounted in cabinet.
    Would they compete to a tranny amp like Sugden or Nait...?
    I guess the 8 ohm version is the one to look after.

So far, I found but one supplier worldwide, with units and cabinet available, but rare and rather pricey, so would like more research/experience before a jump !

Thanks in advance.
    Per

per flemming, Aug 13, 2004
  2. per flemming

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Per, if you're looking at sensitive speakers, then you need woofers with big magnets, and an easy to drive tweeter - like a horn for example.

Im sure you can get the speakers with a single driver that are easy to drive too.

What is it that attracts you to the single driver approach? Is it the point sourcing? - if so you may find tannoy's dual concentric speakers worth investigating (like their six series and many others since).

What sort of budget are you working to?

Chris

bottleneck, Aug 13, 2004
  3. per flemming

per flemming

Too large

Chris,
    Have been thinking of Tannoy's too, but in all, Horns and big Cabinets (Tannoy) is not suitable in my room.
    A Diatone cabinet is around 40-50 liter, that would be nice.
    Not sure if I can live with the expected lack off low/top frekvensy..
    But the effeciency, pin point, tonality (at least thats what I expect) attracts me for sure.
    Limited budget, so far the only available Diatone in cabinet is $1000/pair - too high IMO.
    let's see

OL :)

per flemming, Aug 14, 2004
Ask a Question