Slight ebay problem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Sep 28, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I've just sold an AMD K6 cpu for £5 on ebay but as I was placing it into the packing I dropped it on the floor causing pins to bend. I have emailed the buyer saying I shall give him a full refund however could he still give me negative feedback?

amazingtrade, Sep 28, 2003
  2. amazingtrade

Sid and Coke

See what the Guys response to your e-mail is like. Try to talk to him on the phone if poss, it cuts out a lot of E-Mail misinterpretation. If you have a digi-cam send him a piccy showing the problem. If all else fails send him the damaged goods and his money back, put it down to experience and don't be so clumsy in the future. Most people are reasonable and a genuine mistake like this could happen to anybody.

Sid and Coke, Sep 29, 2003
  3. amazingtrade

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

i dont think he would give you any negative feedback. accidents happen and if you refund him then imo i dont see a problem.

rob, Sep 29, 2003
  4. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

...plus you could always "unbend" the pins manually - if it's only going for a fiver it's got to be worth the risk? My mate got a brand new 486DX4-100 (in 1994 obviously!) and it had a bent pin - short of sending it back (I would have) he used pliers and it worked fine, so if you're careful...

domfjbrown, Sep 29, 2003
  5. amazingtrade

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

send it to him insured delivery in a squashed carton and say nothing...........

rob, Sep 29, 2003
  6. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

lol yep that was very tempting, I have just offered him a refund and he seems happy, the only problem is I have no money in pay pal now so will have to wait 3 more days for money to be added from my bank account. I have sent him an email telling him this and also offered to send him a cheque instead.

amazingtrade, Sep 29, 2003
Ask a Question