Slimdevices Transporter

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Sgt Rock, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Sgt Rock

andyoz

True,

But they have hit the target market right between the eyes in my opinion. I think everyone interested in music servers is eager to see how the "reviewers" are going to appraise this product.

And don't talk about marketing, my brother-in-law will only buy Bose gear.!

andyoz, Jul 30, 2006
  2. Sgt Rock

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

Hi Julian

Just wondered what type of psu you were using with the sb3 (still using the stock one!)and where did you get it from?

Any advice gratefully received!

Been listening to a lot of internet radio on mine (qnap gone back for the second time grr, though being fair the supplier has been really helpful!)and its been sounding surprisingly good (well the higher bit rate ones anyway).

Cheers...

davidcotton, Jul 30, 2006
  3. Sgt Rock

julian2002 Muper Soderator

hi,
    i'm currently using a smps regulated supply i found at maplins - i really want to get hold of a regulated linear one but that means some diying and i just can;t be arsed at the moment. unfortunately i think maplin has stopped making the one i use.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jul 30, 2006
  4. Sgt Rock

Mr Perceptive

Julian/David

I use a linear supply from RS components, you'll have to put it in a box as its uncased. Obviously its not made from 'audiofile' bits. Isue it to drive an Audiocom 5v Super Regulator that I bought from eBay for £20.

The supply is only 1A, so I'm not sure if it will have enough umph for a wireless SB, but works fine with wired units.

RS Part No 591-916

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Jul 30, 2006
  5. Sgt Rock

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i tried a 1a regulated linear psu from maplins but i had all sorts of odd problems with my sb2 (wired). 1a must be on the ragged edge of working ok i guess.
    i'd prefer somethign a bit more robust, 3+ A at least (iirc my current psu is 5A)
    trouble is most companies want to sell you analogue upgrades (which i don;t want) or want to charge a fortune for a psu - i had enough of that when i was a naimie (baaa) i'll wait until i can be arsed to roll my own and see what i can come up with .

julian2002, Jul 30, 2006
  6. Sgt Rock

Mr Perceptive

julian

My PSU is 1A at 13volts, then its super-regulated down to 5v, has no problem with any of my SB2's

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Jul 30, 2006
Ask a Question