SME 3009 mkII tonearm tricked out version! Selling LP12!

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SMEagol, Feb 2, 2009.

1. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

For Sale LINN LP12

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12 in rosewood , (very very nice - not immaculate) grey smoke dustcover (polishing scratches) but I use it without. Trampolin base board, mint Origin Live advanced DC motor upgrade and external speedbox, lovely Hadcock 242 tonearm, new black felt mat. This is the minimum spec you would be getting as cannot verify (even from Charles Hadcock) as to whether the arm is cryo or not! not sure if the cirkus was done on this - might have been. Looking for £700 firm. Only problem is a slight sagging of the cueing lift rail, but you soon get used to it. Sounds amazing the combo of the long Hadcock unipivot and Linn is just great - a great vinyl source component that looks good too. Buyer collects and can have a listen in Bolton (with boaster biscuits) or can meet halfway UK. Cartridge not included. Some original packaging, spare belt, red bearing cap. Will get some pics up soon if I can find my charger!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    SMEagol, Feb 2, 2009
  2. SMEagol

Andy 831

Chris

I think the Moon is still trying to flog his pre improved 3009. I really think its a bargain even without a headshell (you can get them for about £30 from collectradio.

https://www.audio-forums.com/as-rediect/showthread.php?t=20640

I have seen a Thorens TD124 MK 2 the Moon sold TonyL and its an absolute minter. If this pre improved 3009 is half as good, then it will be a nice arm.

Because its series 2 it will have metal bearing already.

Andy

Andy 831, Feb 2, 2009
  3. SMEagol

Thanks Andy! Forgot about that.

Mr Moon how much fella? :)

...trying to get one with all the fiddly bits done. Bout 3 years ago bought an ex-bbc metal knife edge bearing one with a silver litz rewire for £150. Sold it on a TT that went to France and the buyer sent me the pics after the courier had finished with it, looked like an exploded diagram. sob.

SMEagol, Feb 2, 2009
  4. SMEagol

Sorted for the previous tonearm bit of my request. Thanks all!
    Minty at a very fair price. Not souped up, but a nice example of a Mk2 improved with fixed headshell.

Not one of those sad listings on ebay either... "this tonearm was owned by an elderly gentleman..." etc etc.

But Linn's still for sale! It does look good, so will get some pics up soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    SMEagol, Feb 3, 2009
  5. SMEagol

TT Provisionally SOLD.

SMEagol, Feb 4, 2009
  6. SMEagol

ictmanager

Still for sale or long gone? :) or :-(

Hi is the Rosewood Linn still up for grabs? Thanks, David

ictmanager, Feb 21, 2010
Ask a Question