Snell type K.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by robgilmo, Mar 5, 2011.

1. robgilmo

robgilmo

I am going to pick up some Snell type K speakers tomorrow, cabinets are said to be tatty but the drivers look ok , any info on Snell type K guys? There isnt a lot on the net about them so i assume they are quite old.

robgilmo, Mar 5, 2011
  2. robgilmo

RobHolt Moderator

RobHolt, Mar 5, 2011
  3. robgilmo

robgilmo

Does he have some? I am just wondering what they are like as a speaker.
    I will be running a stereo70 leak amp with throughline tuner. I was going to be using a Rogers kadet but it decided to self destruct.

robgilmo, Mar 5, 2011
  4. robgilmo

RobHolt Moderator

Don't know if Guy has any but IIRC the driver was shared with some of the JPW models and he has those. Difficult to be certain of driver condition until you actually get them home.

They are easy to drive, sensitive and a nice easy 8 ohm load, so in that respect the amps you have should work very well.

RobHolt, Mar 5, 2011
  5. robgilmo

Tarzan

Remembering them from years ago,they were very very open and very musical, and a tad bright, hope this helps.:)

Tarzan, Mar 6, 2011
  6. robgilmo

SAVO

I have just refoamed mine for £20, they sound brilliant. I picked up a set of Mission 753 freedom speakers before I carried out the repair but decided to sell them as they sound dull and bland compared to the Snells. I run them from the 4ohm tap on my AI500 amp / Roksan TMS.

Andrew

SAVO, Mar 17, 2011
Ask a Question