So Thorsten has broken cover ...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Markus S, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Markus S

la toilette Downright stupid

Well above my price range unfortunately and time will tell, but personally I genuinely wish Thorsten all the success in the world, he's given some very helpful direction to my hifi fumblings and I am extremely grateful.

Ciao
    :D

la toilette, Jul 28, 2006
  2. Markus S

anon_bb Honey Badger

Actually it isnt being promoted on forums S&M - as you will see from T's statement.

The build quality and engineeering is outstanding.

anon_bb, Jul 28, 2006
  3. Markus S

Stereo Mic

Ah, and so what exactly is his helpful reference to their appearence at a hifi show and a link to an unheard of website introducing their products then BBV?

He does it all the time. I'm looking forward to him using conventional means of self promotion in future - ones that require a marketing budget.

Stereo Mic, Jul 28, 2006
  4. Markus S

Dev Moderator

To be fair S&M, T has not mentioned his new products, it was Markus. T hasn't yet posted in this thread.

Also there are far more blatant traders here;)

Dev, Jul 28, 2006
  5. Markus S

anon_bb Honey Badger

Exactly - no mention of products or prices.

I beleive AMR will be at heathrow - which, I assume, costs money S&M.

Perhaps you should be a gent and graciously wish him every success? Indeed I would recommend you go and hear his products for yourself and get ready to shell out some cash!

anon_bb, Jul 28, 2006
  6. Markus S

RobHolt Moderator

I really hope that Thorsten continues to post.
    Look as the way Jonathan Carr of Lyra posts over on PFM to see that you can do both. Importantly, Jonathan earns the respect of those reading his posts because he is very free with his advice and never plugs his own products. He doesn't need to in fact and I bet he sells more cartridges by his actions as a genuine enthusiast and the nature of his online persona. I prefer buying hi-fi form people I admire and who don't ram their own product at me all the time.

RobHolt, Jul 28, 2006
  7. Markus S

anon_bb Honey Badger

Indeed - I think thorsten is up there with Carr, Curl and Westlake in that respect, as well as in his resourcefulness.

anon_bb, Jul 28, 2006
  8. Markus S

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

IF that sentiment is not genuinely felt, then why say something that you don't mean?

bottleneck, Jul 28, 2006
  9. Markus S

Tenson Moderator

If that is the case, one should not say anything and save it for another time rather than disrespecting the departure of a good friend. Have some manners FFS.

Tenson, Jul 28, 2006
  10. Markus S

anon_bb Honey Badger

Exactly.

anon_bb, Jul 28, 2006
  11. Markus S

Markus S Trade

FWIW I, too, would prefer to see Thorsten continue posting, at least here on Zerogain ;)

One of these days, I'd quite like to listen to the AMR stuff.

Markus S, Jul 29, 2006
  12. Markus S

Stereo Mic

Manners? I don't like the guy. He has blatantly tried to use the forum to promote 3D Sonics and other projects ever since he joined up, has been totally intolerant of anybody that disagreed with him, and has a generally arrogant and anti social demeanour. His dress sense is questionable too.

That is my opinion of Thorsten Lurch and I am entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to wish him well with his latest adventure. So Simon, have some manners and respect my right to comment as I see fit. What's with all the PC ness?

Stereo Mic, Jul 29, 2006
  13. Markus S

anon_bb Honey Badger

Most of those statements apply at least equally to yourself S&M. I dont think T would stoop to poop slinging on such a thread, especially when the originator is not going to be posting a response.

anon_bb, Jul 29, 2006
  14. Markus S

Stereo Mic

You are equally entitled to have an opinion BBV. That's what boards are about. So T is your latest Guru is he?

Stereo Mic, Jul 29, 2006
  15. Markus S

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I can't agree.

I agree in circumstances where there is no right of reply - for example if a member of the forum has been barred.

Here though, TL has decided not to post anymore which is his choice. He could return at any time if he wanted to.

It's a very British thing to pretend to like people when you don't, and really pretty pointless.

Incidentally, I neither like nor dislike him having only met him once for less than 5 minutes. On the forum I found him incredibly knowledgable and happy to share. Unfortunately the advice was often 'off-kilter' - with advice that often covered some other topic that was more in line with what he wanted to post.

I hope he continues in audio because I DO think he genuinely wants better sounding products out there (according to his own view on what better is of course).

I don't have any feelings either way about AMR, but look forward to hearing them. His designs are often 'left field and interesting' at least.

bottleneck, Jul 29, 2006
  16. Markus S

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Seems now that the 'great Sheppard has left the flock' there's going to be a few sheep wandering around looking for inspiration whilst preaching the gospel according to serial fruitiness until such a time as their paths are thus 're guided' to a newer dimension of knowledge & righteousness. Here endeth the lesson (and non in-crowd dress code)

wadia-miester, Jul 29, 2006
  17. Markus S

anon_bb Honey Badger

You wish!

anon_bb, Jul 29, 2006
  18. Markus S

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Nick,
    I wish for nothing sir, whilst on the other hand, you still wish for a respectable music system good luck on your journey sir

wadia-miester, Jul 29, 2006
  19. Markus S

Dev Moderator

As far as I know, T hasn't left ZG, he is merely busy working on AMR etc.

Dev, Jul 29, 2006
  20. Markus S

Tenson Moderator

I just think its a bit much to voice such a negative opinion in an innocent thread where a few of the guys friends are saying good luck! The man has left the forum. If he ever was promoting his stuff here, isn't anymore - so leave it be!

If you can't see that, you are far more intolerant then Thorsten ever was.

By the way there isn’t and never was anyone on this forum called 'Thorsten Lurch'.

Tenson, Jul 29, 2006
Ask a Question