SOLD: McCormack Micro Integrated Drive - SOLD!

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Neil, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Neil

Neil

Price now - £175

Offered for sale is my McCormack Integrated Drive (serial no 469 ) - a fine headphone amp which will drive the most difficult loads: , 2 neutrick jacks on the front for 'phones, 2 inputs, 1 pre-out and lastly speaker binding posts to allow it's use as a small integrated or for 'phones which require output from speaker taps.

Info and reviews at www.headfi.org

Excerpts from a (long!) review by Wes Phillips (Stereophile):

"The MID was initially the Micro Headphone Drive, sporting two ½" stereo phone-jacks on the front panel, a two-position input switch, and a volume control. The rear boasted two inputs and an output (controlled by the volume pot). It was designed to be a high-quality headphone amp and a minimalist preamp....Steve (McCormack) had changed the output MOSFETs and connected them to sturdy binding posts on the rear panel. Thus, the Micro Headphone Drive became the Micro Integrated Drive, capable of putting out 5Wpc. ...
    The McCormack is a marvelous headphone amplifier. It sounds fast and tight and liquid.....I had a hard time keeping to the point while listening to the McCormack; one cut would stretch to two, two to a whole disc, and the disc would, more often than not, remind me of one other thing I'd like to hear.
    As a preamp, the MID also shines. Steve McCormack wasn't kidding about its ability to drive long cables into nearly any impedanceâ€â€I regularly used my 60' interconnects, both to drive the MID as a headphone amp, from a remote source, and to drive amplifiers in different rooms.
    Pair it with any adequately powered amplifier and say good-bye to flabby anything. Of course, it's pretty minimalâ€â€it only has two source inputs and lacks a tape output or any other amenity. Except, that is, for that glorious sound. In reviewing the Micro Line Drive, I said, "It is capable of transparency and an immediacy that damned few megabuck preamps can aspire toward." That's equally true of the MID. ....
    So how is it as an integrated amp? Surprisingly good.... it can really play some music. It images well, stays true to tonal color (other than lightness in the bass), and rocks like a little dickens.
    Those of us wanting a reference quality headphone amplifier, and possessing offices, computers, or multiple systems, we're the customers the MID was really targeted atâ€â€and, if I'm a fair example, we'll be staying up late just to think of places (and ways) to use this affordable little wonder. "

If you'd like me to email some pics please pm me or mail to
    neill dot kennedy at virgin dot net

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
    Neil, Jan 20, 2007
  2. Neil

Neil

Price reduced - now available for £190.....or offers......

Neil, Jan 22, 2007
  3. Neil

Neil

Price now reduced to £175

Neil, Jan 25, 2007
Ask a Question