Some cables ARE better than others

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by spxy, Dec 23, 2004.

1. spxy

spxy

Just had it re-confirmed for me that indeed some cables are better than others.Been using a bog standard cheapo lead between pre and power amp since I moved house a year ago as my old lead wouldn't reach.
    Good enough sound.
    But though I'd just try a "better" cable just to see, since I've been starting to doubt myself over the whole cable thing with all the fuss on the net and as I haven't tried any different cables for a long time.
    Actually I've believed some cables are better than other due to construction methods , but that not all expensive cables are good.
    Any way how do you explain bass that wasn't there before, layers of voices being clearer and generally everything being more dynamic, because thats what I got with a Kimber crystal lnnterconnect (compared to the cheap job from Comet).Looks like I'll have to buy it now.
    It may be just be down to the plugs, or the fact that there are four wires in each cable rather than the 2 in the cheap lead, or could be better soldering inside, don't know, its not magic though, but I know that and the effect is real.
    If you cant hear these types of things, maybe the cable you got is good enough ,or your system is not revealing enought.

spxy, Dec 23, 2004
Ask a Question