Some of the worlds top systems?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Purite Audio, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Purite Audio

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Purite Audio, Aug 20, 2007
  2. Purite Audio

anubisgrau

nice, btw why is allnic pre wrapped in a towel, too much sweating?

anubisgrau, Aug 20, 2007
  3. Purite Audio

Prefers to keep it's anonymity I guess!
    I would like to include a picture of a realy good horn system down in Gras, Southern France the bass drivers are built into the wall, if anyone has a photograph,thanks Keith.

4. Purite Audio

Stereo Mic

So you are now hinting that your system is one of the best in the world?

Interesting. Have you heard a Boulder Westlake combination or say Kondo with Living Voice Horns? Maybe Titian's Nestarovic setup in Switzerland or the GlassMaster/Lyra rig in tandem with Sonics speakers?

Mods. As this is clear advertising, is it possible to add that Chris (Bottleneck) and I do the world's best deals and customer support on your company's mobile phones and can save you enough money to buy the hifi of your dreams?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
    Stereo Mic, Aug 20, 2007
  5. Purite Audio

Do you have any pictures of Titian's outfit, would it be a match for Monsieur Rogero's in Gras?

6. Purite Audio

Dev Moderator

Subtle as always Mike :D.

Dev, Aug 20, 2007
  7. Purite Audio

Stereo Mic

As I said the other day Dev, Tact is a brand of hifi I have owned - not a communication skill I have developed.

Stereo Mic, Aug 20, 2007
  8. Purite Audio

tones compulsive cantater

Here:

http://www.aca.gr/pop_rai.htm

I've heard this system (as has Ian (Sideshowbob)). It is not the same as live music, but I've never heard anything that comes closer, even with large-scale orchestral music. Titian is a bit unusual in that he is a genuine music lover and seeks to reproduce the sounds he hears in the concert hall. When I visit, the talk is never about hi-fi but about music.

If I had the room and the money (that four-box Metronome Kalista CD player cost many times more than all the hi-fi I have ever owned), I'd happily live with it.

tones, Aug 20, 2007
  9. Purite Audio

Stereo Mic

Monsieur Rogero uses Tact so I will be interested in your findings.

I experimented with it a long time ago - indeed I did the Bristol show with Peter in the early days. Tact does some things remarkably well - hifi things like imaging, layered soundstages, and so on. My Tact setup was still the only one I have had that could actually convert a small living room into an outdoor arena or the Royal Festival Hall. And the bass response was of course superb.

The problem was none of this was rewarding and involving on a musical level. My enjoyment of music has increased ten fold since discarding the Digital EQ. I currently have a DEQX at home which is a more advanced product in many ways and equally impressive on a hifi level. But I'd rather listen to analugue thanks. Somehow it's simply more natural - it's as if the loss of resolution in the D/A A/D and DSP processes is indeed audible and we need higher resolution and sampling rates before we can modify the data to our heart's content.

So purely on that level I would imagine you will get a mixed bag. I know the Tact unit, with all it's mods and revisions, will be a bottleneck musically speaking.

Stereo Mic, Aug 21, 2007
Ask a Question