Some Silly Science for you

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tenson, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Tenson

mosfet

My reply was in the response to the question you asked. I did try to phrase it as sensitively as possible. If you cannot remain emotionally detached from what you have designed (and given your vehement response it is clear you are not) then you have lost before you have begun. I'm pleased others find your cable designs pleasing to the ear.

mosfet, Mar 25, 2006
  2. Tenson

zanash

Oh of course it was ......

how stupid of me to think otherwise....

zanash, Mar 25, 2006
  3. Tenson

inteificio

I have to admit that the description does have some sence to it.

Personally I would tend to think that the crystal structure would have more to do with electrical conductivity, which is why purity is such an issue.

If ionisation energy is the be all and end all of conductivity can anyone explain why sulphur at room temp is a insulator but chilled under pressure it superconducts?

inteificio, Mar 28, 2006
  4. Tenson

PeteH Natural Blue

It's got some intuitive, word-association sense to it in a "marketing literature" kind of way. :) Unfortunately the physical world doesn't operate in an intuitive, word-association kind of way, and I'm afraid this stuff just doesn't remotely stand up to anything like a closer scrutiny.

PeteH, Mar 28, 2006
  5. Tenson

tones compulsive cantater

As someone who works in the fragrance industry, the sense of the description is that it stinks! As Pete says, it bears no resemblance to reality.
    Nice to have, but not essential. Mercury conducts quite well without one. Quartz doesn't conduct at all with one. Conductivity is all about mobile electrons.
    10°K? Now that's what I call chilled! Try here:

http://www.gl.ciw.edu/~hemley/182StruzhkinNat1997.pdf

Materials do odd things at that sort of temperatures, none more so than helium.

tones, Mar 28, 2006
Ask a Question