Somebody got a bargain!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by narabdela, Aug 20, 2006.

1. narabdela

narabdela

2. narabdela

la toilette Downright stupid

I've been tempted by the occasional pair of Rogers speakers ever since I sold my Studio 1's a couple of years ago, which I now wish I had kept even if I'd only used them as backups - I saw a pair go for £52 t'other week, an outrageous bargain (normally go for £200-400). I take it the LS6a's are good then?

la toilette, Aug 20, 2006
  3. narabdela

eisenach

It's about the going price. I've had a pair for 15 years or so, and they were my main speaker until I replaced them with B&W CDM9NTs about four years ago. I still run them in the second system, though I had to buy a pair off ebay (for £65) at Easter to canibalise for spare parts after an unfortunte amp fault blew the first pair up.
    They're very good sounding speakers, especially if you're into classical music.

eisenach, Aug 20, 2006
  4. narabdela

seixip

Hi:
    I bought a pair of JR149 on eBay (£195). I live in Chile (S.America) and during shipping one of the coils of the crossover got loose. I decided to upgrade the crossover to the Type 24 who was designed by Jim Rogers on 1991.
    The only schematics I have comes from

http://www.jr149.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/The crossover to 149-4.htm

The problem is that the scheme is a little "low resolution". I would like to make a re-check on it. Does anybody knows where I can get a new schematics?
    Thanks.
    PD: I'm willing to buy those new ones wadia-miester if you are planning to sell anyone.

seixip, Aug 22, 2006
Ask a Question