someone is selling indigo monitors on ebay

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by robert_cyrus, Apr 21, 2004.

1. robert_cyrus

robert_cyrus

link to ebay seller's items

someone is selling indigo monitors on ebay.

the model 1's are lovely speakers, i snapped a pair from john @ max - i'm currently umming and arghing about getting another pair simply because they're a bargain of a speaker. they're quite special. i'm using them with my cyrus 3 integrated and an arcam cd player, as a 2nd system, very nice indeed.

anyway, grab a pair while they're still around.

robert_cyrus, Apr 21, 2004
  2. robert_cyrus

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

For a minute I thought you meant a computer monitor from silicon graphics....

I-S, Apr 21, 2004
  3. robert_cyrus

franc

indigo

Hi, thanks for the heads up.

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind.

How do they compare to some of the more mainstream speaker manufacturers offerings in a similiar price bracket? (Kef, B&W, Quad etc)

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

regards FRANC

franc, Apr 21, 2004
  4. robert_cyrus

robert_cyrus

indigo went bust, so these are "bankrupt" stock or whatever.
    for around £150, it's a no-brainer
    mine were ex-demo, local hifi dealer pete @ movement wrote a review in an old hi>fi+ mag extolling their virtues - i'll see if i can dig it out later, note a few salient points.

it was hi>fi+ issue 5 february 2000, my copy has been recycled i think.
    The Real Deal - budget gear that works
    Indigo Model 1 Playback Monitor

all i remember is pete reckoned they punched above their £399 RRP, so at £120 odd plus postage on ebay, or £150 odd for the bigger model 3's, no contest.

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/SpeakerPackages/RelIndego/Indego123RelStrataIII.shtml

in addition i should probably state:
    the ebay seller is not associated with me in any way
    i cannot vouch for the authenticity of these ebay sales

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2004
    robert_cyrus, Apr 21, 2004
  5. robert_cyrus

SimonConnell

Lifted straight from Plush:

A superbly attractive Hi-Fi loudspeaker that is not only a studio monitor, but alo a surround-sound home cinema speaker that sounds good wherever you position it... It is not a jack of all trades. It's better than that. It will make a lot of friends if it is demonstrated correctly, and if people take the time to isten to it properly - i.e. over a long period. I don't think they will ever knock anyone out in a quick head-to-head comparion with another speaker. That's the preservce of more 'impressive' sounding designswhose exaggeration becaomes more and more obvious the longer you listen.
    The Indigo 1 Playback monitors are stunningly attractive, very well made and honest speakers. They aren't flash or 'zingy', and they don't flood the room with gigantic, window-throbbing bass. What they can do is let the music out calmly, enjoyably, and for £330, very affordably.

SimonConnell, Apr 21, 2004
Ask a Question