Sonneteer Byron CDP Excellent

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by teaseme, Nov 7, 2004.

1. teaseme

teaseme

Excellent condition Sonneteer Byron - black finish, c/w original box, manual, remote, as owned by sideshowbob on this forum - i've been offered a Benchmark DAC1 but need to finance it & this is too good to just be used as a transport (too much of a waste)

details / library pic at : http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/stoneaudio/products/details.asp?product=29

Around £1000 new, priced at £450 no offers - which is what i paid for it (thanks to ssb's kindness!) + £15 shipping (UK) or collection poss from London NW6 (west hampstead)

This link has the original owner's CD player quest / reviews / comparisons with other CDP's :

https://www.audio-forums.com/as-rediect/showthread.php?t=891&highlight=sonneteer+byron

teaseme, Nov 7, 2004
  2. teaseme

Rory satisfied

something odd going on there....

Rory, Nov 7, 2004
  3. teaseme

michaelab desafinado

Definitely odd. I'm investigating. I would urge anyone to steer clear of this sale for the time being until I can verify the seller. Looks suspiciously like a scam or someone's userid has been hijacked.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 7, 2004
  4. teaseme

andrew1810

I would say that is a scam, have had emails exactly like that before!!

andrew1810, Nov 7, 2004
  5. teaseme

sideshowbob Trisha

Teaseme, if you PM me your real name, email address, and mobile phone number, I can compare that info with what I know about the guy who bought the Sonneteer from me and can assure people the sale's legit.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Nov 7, 2004
  6. teaseme

ditton happy old soul

a real-life mystery. my money is on the first being genuine and the second a hacker from abroad.

ditton, Nov 7, 2004
  7. teaseme

teaseme

oh dear - my attempt at humour , maybe a bit too subtle! i just copy / pasted an email i received in response to the ad. apologies for any confusion
    :) - just trying to incite a genuine response ! i've deleted it now anyway..

* ssb * : erhm i played a ska version of 'rainy night in georgia' when i was around - dw i will keep the player if i dont get any takers (i think its an excellent cdp), i've been hankering after a Benchmark DAC 1 for a few months & i was very recently offered one (this weekend), hence the ad. They're hard to find s/h & too expensive new (in the UK).

However i cant / wont just splash out on the Benchmark unless i sell the CDP - i'm very happy with it is in excellent condition sounds very well balanced , but i have several digital sources now : a set top box (for digital radio), DVD player, external PC soundcard with digital outputs, so it makes sense to buy a decent DAC, or so i'm persuading myself !

BTW, I hope you dont mind the link to your earlier thread re : Sonneteer CDP (review) - if you do plse advise & i'll remove it !

david

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2004
    teaseme, Nov 7, 2004
  8. teaseme

gazza

I think it goes beyond 'subtle' and runs headlong into ruining your sale; somewhat of an 'own goal' methinks !

gazza, Nov 7, 2004
  9. teaseme

teaseme

hmmm ... maybe deep down i want to keep it !!! looks like i'll be giving the Benchmark DAC a miss ! :MILD:

teaseme, Nov 7, 2004
  10. teaseme

sideshowbob Trisha

Hi David, no problem with posting the thread link at all. Good luck with the sale. You are who you say you are and I claim my five pounds. :)

For everybody else: good bloke, legit, a pleasure to deal with. And a fine CD player too.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Nov 7, 2004
  11. teaseme

michaelab desafinado

Yep - totally legit, identity confirmed. Good luck with the sale :)

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 7, 2004
  12. teaseme

ditton happy old soul

This has a Holywood feel to it - all that's needed to complete the romantic comedy is for someone to step in and offer the full asking price and a third party to offer to deliver it free. then we can all leave feeling just fine!

... until we realise that the delivery boy was Sammy ...

ditton, Nov 8, 2004
  13. teaseme

Class A

teaseme is now selling a brand new benchmark dac on hififor sale.......thought he can't afford the dac unless he sales the cdp????

Class A, Nov 8, 2004
  14. teaseme

teaseme

Oh Lord !

I'd agreed to buy the Benchmark DAC in principle but not 100%.

As the CDP remains unsold i advertised the DAC on my mate's behalf, i told him i'd sell it for him, because i havent bought it, because i havent sold the Byron. God you folks are a suspicious lot! lol

Looks like i'll be keeping the Byron anyway which is probably just as well really :)

:MILD:

teaseme, Nov 8, 2004
  15. teaseme

michaelab desafinado

You can't be too careful with buying / selling over the internet from private individuals. Too many scammers about unfortunately :(

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 8, 2004
  16. teaseme

gazza

Don't tell me you're surpised :NADowner:

gazza, Nov 8, 2004
Ask a Question