Sony SCD1

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by n24, Jan 19, 2004.

1. n24

n24

Any views on this player and what price could i expect to pay.

n24, Jan 19, 2004
  2. n24

greg Its a G thing

I bought one after hunting around for a while and after listening to various alternatives. Personally I absolutely love it and havent regretted buying it for a minute. Upgrade options are aplenty too.

I am yet to upgrade, but since improving my mains setup a little bit, I am surprised just how good the CD side sounds. The SACD side - the reason I bought it - is very good indeed. Apparently upgrades can make both CD and SACD aspects REALLY sing.

Used, considering you can now buy new for 2800, if you can find one used I guess around 1500. Maybe less.

There are plenty of other folks here who would recommend superb, CD only alternatives, for that kind of money. I guess the suitability depends on what your intentions are. Ie. is it primarily SACD you are interested in, CD, or both?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2004
    greg, Jan 19, 2004
  3. n24

n24

Its a bit of both. I have been really impressed with SACD in the past. At £1500 it is worth a shot if the cd performance is up to scratch.

n24, Jan 20, 2004
Ask a Question