Sorry but I have to ask

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by pete693, Jun 17, 2010.

1. pete693

nando nando

it depends, what year or era,, just a few samples, bunny wailer, burning spear, freddie mcgregor, wailing souls,roots radicks, all channel1's eg. mighty diamonds, sly and the revolutionarys, augoustos pablo, jacob miller, johny osbourne,scottie, big youth, u.roy, i.roy, maitals, derrick harriot, eric donaldson, delroy wilson, african dud chapters, etc, etc,

nando, Jun 22, 2010
  2. pete693

Samantha

Hmmm ... I can see a theme here.

A few birthdays ago, my 'wish list' included an Osterich for remapping my ECU. A head skim and build. Ohlins (needle damped obviously) would have been great, but Buddy club more in budget (shockers).

I also have had new caps bought for me in the past (as in capacitors for audio kit) :D

This year's birthday wish list included parts for building a new TT arm.

Samantha, Jun 23, 2010
  3. pete693

nando nando

try using parts to use a straight arm not an "S" shape, pending on what t/t base you are going to use.

nando, Jun 23, 2010
  4. pete693

Neil

Ohlins - you have a bike as well!

Are you absolutely sure you haven't a sister....................;)

Neil, Jun 23, 2010
  5. pete693

nando nando

i think she has!

nando, Jun 23, 2010
  6. pete693

zanash

interesting ....my wife of 25 plus years ....says she can never tell the difference between bits of kit ...but she is the first to point out how bad other systems sound , if we visit friends or other social engagements .

She also listens to music in a different way ...the best way to describe it is as a whole ie if asked what the words of a song are she has just listened to ,or what solo instrment was played ....could not say. But does appreciate good sound and music .

zanash, Jun 24, 2010
  7. pete693

nando nando

most woman are very good at comenting on different hi-fi sound, though the music they listen to is very indiferent to mine. but their comments are very clinical.quite interesting.

nando, Jun 25, 2010
  8. pete693

Cable Monkey

You Wife is far from unique, and all the indications are you are the odd one as am I. It has been commented before that music will animate me in a way she sometimes wishes she could. There is nothing wrong with her preferring to communicate with you rather than an inanimate hifi or music emerging from speakers with no hint of performance. At least Samantha has her habit tempered by the wish to share hers socially and as a means of getting together with other people. Sitting in isolation listening to music can be a godsend to people that need that in their life, but a curse to those forced to witness obsessive behaviour and remain silent in case they annoy their beloved. Never underestimate how hard that is to live with, and don't ever stop making it up to her.;)

Cable Monkey, Jun 27, 2010
  9. pete693

AndrewR

My guess is that a partner interested in hi-fi with completely different sound priorities would be a far worse situation that a partner with no interest at all.

Andrew

AndrewR, Jun 27, 2010
  10. pete693

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

Only men seem willing to make hi-fi into a religion and then fight holy was over it - woman have too much sense to get involved with such nonsense.

YNMOAN, Jun 27, 2010
  11. pete693

vincula

Is that the reason why most of them choose marriage?

Just wonder... :D

Regards,

Vincula

vincula, Jun 27, 2010
Ask a Question