soundcard help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by john mugan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. john mugan

john mugan

Hello, my hobby is recording old lp,s onto cd so far with good results. I had to buy a new soundcard recently, an "Audiophile 192" and I don't seem to be getting much joy from it. The highest recording level I can get is about -18 to - 21 dB,I need something like -2 to -3 dB for a good sound. anyone out there know what I can do to increase the input, what new kit I need ?
    I am using, SME model 20 turntable, SME series V arm, Madrigal Carnegie one,Quad 33/303( using tape record out) with Adobe Audition 2.0:confused:
    p.s. I was born in an age when our wireless was powered by an accumalator, so simple language please!

john mugan, Apr 1, 2007
  2. john mugan

dreftar

I had a similar problem when recording from my turntable. I found three fixes 1 Turn up the volume on playback

2, Record using Audacity - free on the internet - and excellent software for all kinds of recording. When recorded mark the recording (select all) then increase the recorded level.

3. I use a M-Audio AudioBuddy for recording from a mike and my guitar. I tried this out using the tape out - input from my preamp and set the input level using the controls as I do with the guitar or mi8ke and I have got excellent results. The AudioBuddy is fairly cheap and available from most music recording, studio type dealers.

dreftar, Apr 4, 2007
Ask a Question