Soundsmith SG-410

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by dandy, Jul 10, 2012.

1. dandy

dandy

Soundsmith SG-410 strain gauge cartridge/preamp system plus spare, brand new line contact stylus (SGS-6). The stylus is held magnetically to the body so are user replaceable, they just "clip" in.

Glowing reviews of "entry level" SG-200 version here and here. User review of SG-410 here.

The SG-410 is a remote controlled, 2 input (SG cartridge plus 1 line level) preamp, retailing here for £7625, plus I think about £600 for additional SGS-6 stylus.

The stylus in the cartridge is also a top-of-the-range line contact SGS-6, with at most about 150 hours on it.

My SG-410 preamp is in ebony, so is essentially black, though it does have a lovely brown grain on the side (by far the best finish, looks a LOT nicer than some of the wood finished they do!).

Very rare opportunity to own a unique product. It sounds totally different to any MC cartridge you will hear, and tracks better than any one I have owned. Will work in any arm too.

I am looking for £4500.

I have the (large!) original box and packing, and wooden box for cartridge, so could be posted. Welcome to audition and collect from Chester.

Pictures to follow soon...

dandy, Jul 10, 2012
  2. dandy

dandy

[​IMG]

Pictures showing it with the (green!) power supply and the various coloured lighting modes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spare stylus

[​IMG]

Has remote controlled volume (can be bypassed using straight-through sockets) and input selection, as well as touch button on front face. Balanced and unbalanced outputs.

Price reduced to £4250, could do with selling this week if possible.

dandy, Jul 22, 2012
Ask a Question