Spanish FA Fine Atletico Madrid £420

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 7_V, Jan 13, 2005.

1. 7_V

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

In the light of the recent racist behaviour by Spanish football fans against England players and the Spanish manager's racial comments about Thierry Henry, it's clear that there is a problem with racism in Spanish society and in Spanish football.

In the latest reported incident the racist behaviour of Atletico Madrid fans towards Roberto Carlos in Sunday's derby against Real Madrid has earned the club a fine of just £420.

Surely this is unacceptable.

Atletico's £420 racist fine

7_V, Jan 13, 2005
  2. 7_V

Bob McC living the life of Riley

The fine was reduced reportedly because Atletico tried to stop it by making announcements, unlike the FA who received their record fine after the disgraceful chanting by England fans when England played Turkey in Sunderland.

Bob

Bob McC, Jan 13, 2005
  3. 7_V

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Hmmm, no mention of that in the article I linked to.

Making announcements is certainly a start and should be commended. British clubs have done quite a lot to try to eliminate racism and with football being such a large cultural part of today's world - spanning the globe and encompassing all classes, both sexes and all ages - it is an important issue.

7_V, Jan 13, 2005
  4. 7_V

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I heard this on the Sky Sports News last night and thought it must have 420 thousand! I thought that seemed a huge aMOunt!

Then a while later when the story was repeated I heard it correctly.

:rolleyes:

MO!, Jan 13, 2005
Ask a Question