Speaker Crossovers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Bloosman, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Bloosman

Bloosman

Hi,

I've read (somewhere) that speakers can benefit from having their crossovers removed from the cabinet and rehoused elsewhere, remote from the speaker itself...

Is this true...?

Dougie.

Bloosman, Nov 29, 2005
  2. Bloosman

keith

Don't know about removing x-overs, but I can comment on the value of upgrading... :)

The missus arranged for those great folk at Wilmslow Audio to upgrade all the components in our 'TDL Studio 3's.

Whilst having recently been pleased with the recent buy of an AT 150MLX cartridge that added some detail and refinement to our system, I am staggered :)cool: ) by the extra clarity and delicate treble from the S/Speak 9500s from this upgrade. Maybe the original caps etc weren't the best - who knows - but ain't it amazing what can be improved... :D

keep the phase
    keith

keith, Nov 29, 2005
  3. Bloosman

Anex Thermionic

Yes you can get alot of benefit from it, stops the caps etc. being rattled about inside, they don't seem to like it :) And yes, upgrading stuff can be a good idea too.

Anex, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Bloosman

amir

i think b&w prestige model's cross over is in out

amir, Nov 30, 2005
Ask a Question