Speaker info (room size)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by danez, Jan 4, 2004.

1. danez

danez

Hi Yep another "Newbie" i am looking for a pair of small speakers to use with my "cambridge A500 amp" and
    "TEAC CDP-3500 CD PLAYER " Budget is Low and was thinking about second user "Tannoy Mercury M1" my room is small only 14'x12' anyone using these speakers, if so are they suited to a room this size.
    Thanks.

danez, Jan 4, 2004
  2. danez

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Hi Danez, and welcome to the forum. :)

The Tannoy's should be fine in the room. However, you really need to try and deMO them at home. I lose track of which is which but isn't there several versions of the "m" series? IIRC the mx2 were said to be worth the little extra.

MO!, Jan 4, 2004
  3. danez

danez

Thanks for getting back matey, i have meen looking here
    http://search.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ss_tannoy_mx2.html
    At
    Tannoy MXRLM front ported, and TANNOY Mercury MX2-M which is rear ported, both under £80 and the Tannoy R1 just under £100.
    As i have said i am new to all this but want my music (dire straits) (richard wright) mainly easy listening with little bit of trance thrown in now and again, depending how i am feeling. to sound as best i can with what i have and can afford.
    I had read the hifi choice review on M1's and it was very good, but they dont make them anymore, at least i dont think so, but seeing price of these others i am now confused lol. there is a pair of m1' cherry's on ebay and was tempted, but they are approaching the price of the current tannoy,s new price.

danez, Jan 4, 2004
  4. danez

michaelab desafinado

I used to have a pair of mx2's as my main speakers and I now use them in my second system. They are an excellent speaker for the money. The model got upgraded to mx2-m about a year or so ago but AFAIK the only difference was that the drivers are now black instead of mainly white.

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 4, 2004
Ask a Question