Speaker stands - Epos vs (other)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by batfink, Aug 9, 2004.

1. batfink

batfink

I had a look in Audio-t whilst in Reading at the weekend because I'm on the hunt for some new speaker stands for my new M12.2.

I had been seriously considering the Sound Org. Z522 which were used when I demoed the speakers, but now I'm not so sure. The guys in Audio-t said that without a doubt I should get the Epos ones designed for these speakers. Apparently they were playing around with the original M12's and were getting a mixed bag of results from all stands, until they tried the Epos ones when everything worked like a dream.

Has anyone compared the two stands mentioned above ? (the Sound Org. ones are more aesthetically pleasing!).

I thought in the case of stands all you needed to do was find a paid that were suitably heavy so the speaker moved the air rather than the cabinet - obviously I'm wrong, the Epos ones are a fairly light looking structure.

Cheers,
    batfink

batfink, Aug 9, 2004
Ask a Question