speaker stands

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ellisonwales, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ellisonwales

ellisonwales

After hearing various experts opinions to try my epos m12.2 speakers on stands rather than the current wall mount setup , ive decided to give it a try ,and rearranged furniture etc to accomodate them.The stands recommended? for these speakers are these .....
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo-1.cfm/Product_ID/2246
    However £129 for what looks like ,little more than angle iron welded together seems very expensive to me ,and perhaps i would be paying more for the "epos" name rather than what the stands are worth.Does anyone have any thoughts on these stands whether they are worth it?.or am i just being a skinflint?
    tia
    ellisonwales

ellisonwales, Feb 9, 2006
  2. ellisonwales

Jimbo

Thats whats with my Epos 11s and they do look quite good actually I paid £100 pounds some 8 to 10 years ago so they Have'nt gone up much. Go for em or look on Ebay all ways coming up on there. I might be selling mine soon if i get the speaker and stands I want. Jimbo.

Jimbo, Feb 9, 2006
  3. ellisonwales

ellisonwales

Thanks for the feedback.Do you think that they enhance the sound that much?.I guess the pics dont do them justice.They look a bit cheap looking to me in the pics ,to be honest.What sort of weight are they?.
    tia
    ellisonwales

ellisonwales, Feb 9, 2006
  4. ellisonwales

Jimbo

These are the dedicated stands for these speaker I have never seen them with any other. They are thick gauge square steal and not flimsy. The dealer at Sound Advise(who are no longer going) would not sell me the speakers unless I bought the stands. Perhaps it was a sales pitch but he was'nt the pushy sort. Can't remember his name. Perhaps someone on here will come along and tell me. They were based in Loughbourgh. I think now he has started up again as Sonic Frontiers. Jimbo.

Jimbo, Feb 9, 2006
  5. ellisonwales

AlexTaylor

Quadraspire acrylics... Awesome. £200 but awesome. Just hear some even if you don't like the look. What they do with every pair of standmounts I've heard them with is super.

AlexTaylor, Feb 10, 2006
  6. ellisonwales

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

7. ellisonwales

ellisonwales

Thanks for feedback everyone.Im still reluctant to pay £130 for the st12 stands.I think perhaps i need to see them at a shop and have a closer look, and see whther they do improve the speaker sound to any degree.
    ew

ellisonwales, Feb 11, 2006
  8. ellisonwales

keith

Hi folks.

Indeed he is set up again, as "New Audio Frontiers"; still in Loogabarooga, and stocking things like Rega & Densen. Any website appears to be outdated, but tel. msgs are answered promptly.

keep the phase
    keith

keith, Feb 11, 2006
  9. ellisonwales

Jimbo

Hi Keith yes thats it. looks like he has dropped Naim and gone to Densen. I was Born in Derby "up the Rams" now slumming it in Nottingham "boo the Reds". No love it here really. Jim.

Jimbo, Feb 11, 2006
Ask a Question