Speaker's

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Spence, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Spence

Spence

Hi everyone,

A little guidance please.

I have just decided, after a good 10 year lay off, to get back into my hi-fi. The only bit of my old kit which shall remain for the time being is a John Shearne intergrated amp.

All being well I have secured a Densen B-400XS for my front end and need only now to source a pair of suitable speakers.

My listening tastes are varied and I like a punchy musical presentation, I am not into the technical side just the music if that makes sense.

My biggest problem may be with the positioning of the speaker's. My room is 20' x 12' and the speakers will fire across the room down one end. I can only have them 6' apart and the listening position will be about 8' away. They will need to be placed as close to the back wall as possible and also need to be shielded as they will sit either side of the tv.

Floor standers are preferred and visually they have to pass the wife test.

My budget could stretch to about 1.5k and not worried about new or second hand.

Thanks in advance.

Spence..

Spence, Oct 26, 2009
  2. Spence

Neil

2nd hand Merlins? or Audio Physic perhaps? Sealed enclosure or front ported given the room and positioning.

Neil, Oct 27, 2009
Ask a Question