speakers........

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by chris1968, Mar 8, 2005.

1. chris1968

chris1968

....how do they work?

i know sound is made by the movement of air but, taking a speaker at its most basic, lets say a simple 5" cone, be it cardborad, kevlar, whatever, how does it manage to produce such a range of sounds / tones simoultaneously, normally in a cohesive manner - i mean - one small cone producing the sounds of a full orchestra?? beats me :confused: .
    (note my question is about the physics of how it works-not the quality of the reproduction)

please be advised answers will undoubtedly lead my inquisitive further back up the hi-fi supply chain. figure its about time i learned more than just 'power on, open drawer, insert disk, press play, adjust volume, open tinny! relax'

chris1968, Mar 8, 2005
  2. chris1968

Tenson Moderator

3. chris1968

rick

"ts about time i learned more than just 'power on, open drawer, insert disk, press play, adjust volume, open tinny! relax'"

what else do you need?

sounds perfect to me. knowing to much leads to incurable upgraditis and empty pockets!

rick, Mar 8, 2005
  4. chris1968

chris1968

CHEERS Tenson!
    looks like just what i was looking for, and it also goes into detail about other kit in the hi-fi chain.......

Rick - the upgrade road is a road to madness, whilst i admit there is the odd box change i'd like to make i know my limits (note to self - lets see how mobile those limits are following tomorrow nights burn in!) at the moment i really do wanna learn how electric signals ultimately become sound. i know, i should get out more

chris1968, Mar 9, 2005
  5. chris1968

Coda II getting there slowly

you are not alone.......

did you see this thread:basic electronics

Coda II, Mar 9, 2005
Ask a Question