Spectron Musician

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by gregf, Apr 13, 2005.

1. gregf

gregf

Has anybody heard the Spectron Musician II digital power amp? It seems that they are relatively cheap second hand in the US. How does it compare with the BelCanto Evo4 in bridged mode? I also read reports of reliability issues. Were these ever sorted?

gregf, Apr 13, 2005
  2. gregf

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Good amp, not as musical IMHO as the B/c, slightly more power, lot of blow ups though even whitnessed one myself :eek: at a dealers too, bang!!! lots of smoke much mess, where my output stage gone :confused: Wm

wadia-miester, Apr 13, 2005
  3. gregf

gregf

Ooops!

gregf, Apr 13, 2005
  4. gregf

ListeningEar

Von Schweikert Audio have been partners with the Spectron people for the past few CES shows, they have been using all generations of the Spectron amplifiers and I can confirm that there were relaibility problems with the early amps.

Not heard anything recently but then again I'm no longer close enough to the right people to find out anyway!

Provided a link below to the photo's of this years CES show with the Spectron/VSA partnership.

http://live.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/ces.pl?&AP_2561&RoomView&AP&st181&&&&&CES05

ListeningEar, Apr 13, 2005
  5. gregf

Didn't your former partner LE use spectron amps :) for twas his that self destructed infront of me :beamup:

6. gregf

ListeningEar

Think you might have me confused with someone else, no one I know has ever owned Spectron, I am only familiar with them because of the connection at the US shows.

Even in the Von Schweikert demo room at their plant in San Diego there were no Spectron amps.!

Who do you refer to WM?

ListeningEar, Apr 13, 2005
  7. gregf

Derek at Overkill, I thought you were his ex partner sorry for any confusion LE

8. gregf

ListeningEar

No problem WM, my only previous connection with Derek was with regard to me taking over the Stillpoints business that he had initially planned to distribute in the UK.
    ;)

ListeningEar, Apr 14, 2005
Ask a Question