spell checker mod?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lhatkins, Jun 19, 2005.

1. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

In some forums now there is a spell checking facility is there a mod for Vbullentin to have such a feature, my spelling is terrible I know, and a feature like this would keep me out of trouble!

lhatkins, Jun 19, 2005
  2. lhatkins

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

But on the other hand - there are some real gems on here because there is no spell checker. I have to say that the "why I hate uneducation envrionmentalists" has had me chuckling all weekend.

alanbeeb, Jun 19, 2005
  3. lhatkins

Telkman Nurturing Malevolence

Whilst we've no plans for installing a spell checking modification, the next major release of vBulletin will have built in support for spell checking (currently in beta stages - I'm running it at enScape, but I'll wait for a final release here).

Although currently only available in Internet Explorer, they do plan to make this available for other browsers when suitable tools are available, though they'll likely be a case of downloading a plugin if you want to make use of the spell checking.

There's a fair few addons/plugins available for the various browsers now that you can use to spell check form content if you want to use something separate, though I've no personal recommendations...

Telkman, Jun 20, 2005
  4. lhatkins

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I'm with alan on this....

Yes, it is technically possible to include a spell checker. But all that that will lead to in time is that people can't spell by themselves because they're reliant on spell checkers everywhere.

If nothing else, it gives us some level of individuality in the forum.... How boring would things be if Wadia-miester could spell my name?

I-S, Jun 20, 2005
  5. lhatkins

rsand I can't feel my toes

I am dyslexic but people understand what I'm trying to type so whats the problem?
    Admittedly its pretty mild though.

rsand, Jun 20, 2005
  6. lhatkins

badchamp Thermionic Member

Write it in Word with spell check and paste.

badchamp, Jun 20, 2005
  7. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Ya ok fair enough, I do, if I can be bothered, use OpenOffice or Thunderbird to check my spelling, yep, I will put my hands up and say I couldn't be arsed to learn to spell at school, so it ain't gona happen now, anyhow I guess there is the edit post button if I do spot a foo-par!

Cheers anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2005
    lhatkins, Jun 22, 2005
Ask a Question