SPU Meister Silver

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by monty99, May 11, 2010.

1. monty99

monty99

I bought this brand new SPU Silver Meister because I thought I had lost (rather than mislaid) my Koetsu Rosewood Signature, which I had tucked away for safekeeping before Easter, then coudn't find again. I was gutted. I knew I couldn't afford another Koetsu so did my research and felt the SPU Meister Silver was the way to go.

Anyway as luck would have it, the Koetsu turned up precisely ONE DAY after the Ortofon arrived in the post, meaning it's got about 12-14 sides - about 5h of music maybe - on it (plus a bit of time fiddling to get it set up), which means it's not remotely run in yet.

Even so it has tremendous character, that characteristic punchy SPU sound, though with the extra detail that the silver coils give - design-wise very similar to the current 90th Anniversary model which was it's direct replacement at the top of the Ortofon line.

It was a fairly tough call but I've settled on the Koetsu as more suited to my style of listening (mainly chamber music) but for some genres - Jazz, acoustic, big orchestral, rock - the SPU probably takes it: it's that good and way above the normal SPU line (GMs and the like). It's also markedly better than the Royal N I had for a while.

It's not officially part of the Ortofon line-up any more so is imported to the UK (was about £1250 before supplies dried up), though some remaining stock available is in the US (at $1699 which is about the same). I'm asking £750 including postage.

[​IMG]

monty99, May 11, 2010
  2. monty99

monty99

sold :)

monty99, May 18, 2010
Ask a Question