Star Wars Episode 3...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stumblin, May 22, 2005.

1. stumblin

stumblin Kittens getting even...

...blows goats.

The end.

stumblin, May 22, 2005
  2. stumblin

Anex Thermionic

Yes, saw it on thurs. What a way to end the series :rolleyes: The guy who plays Anakin is hopeless, all that looking angry and dancing eyebrows, more like a soap than star wars.

Anex, May 22, 2005
  3. stumblin

julian2002 Muper Soderator

2 words...
    darth frankenstine.
    :ffrc:

julian2002, May 23, 2005
  4. stumblin

T-bone Sanchez

Not worth my £6.50 then?

T-bone Sanchez, May 23, 2005
  5. stumblin

well it depends. if you've seen them all on the big screen and 6.50 isn't going ot break the bank then go just for the sake of completeness. but be prepared for the worst.
    if it's just a passing interest, rent it on dvd.
    the really sad thng is that i know i'll be buying it on dvd even though i think it's toss. purely because i'm a sad completist fan boy.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 23, 2005
  6. stumblin

T-bone Sanchez

I seemed to have lost my love for star wars. I used to be a huge fan of the first, er last three but hated the last, er first two. However it doesnt float my boat anymore, shame. Im not a movie goer at all just cant get into films except for a handful so I'll give it a miss and borrow it off a mate!

T-bone Sanchez, May 23, 2005
  7. stumblin

Anex Thermionic

That scene at the end when they first activate him is slapstick, like something off the simpsons which would be funny if it wasn't Star Wars

Anex, May 23, 2005
  8. stumblin

Lt Cdr Data om

oh dear, well I am off to see 3 films this week...hitchikers guide, star wars, and kingdom of heaven by diddly squat :D you have to question the guys wisdom making that kind of film in the current climate.
    oh and its got that inspidid amateur drama school actor, orlando bloom.

Lt Cdr Data, May 23, 2005
  9. stumblin

Anex Thermionic

Hitchhikers is good though :)

Anex, May 23, 2005
  10. stumblin

Hitchhikers is better the second time around, once you've realised it's unreasonable to expect it to be completely in line with the book or radio series.

stumblin, May 23, 2005
  11. stumblin

Lt Cdr Data om

just got back from kingdom of heaven, good film, huge scale, bit unitelligible at times due to over cutting, I have heard the distributors wanted a shorter film, so its likely been a bit wrecked, hopefully the directors cut is more coherent, but enjoyable.
    all for religion...hmmmph..

Lt Cdr Data, May 23, 2005
  12. stumblin

Lt Cdr Data om

well just seen star wars, brilliant I thought, best of the lot, fantastic effects, in fact, the whole bloody film WAS effect, boy what that must have cost

gripping plot, tension, really good, yes vader scene a little naff, but what a swashbuckling yarn.
    saved the best till last.

Lt Cdr Data, May 24, 2005
  13. stumblin

:mana: :ffrc:

julian2002, May 24, 2005
  14. stumblin

Wow, you just broke the needle on my Sarcasmometer(TM). You were being sarcastic, right? Tell me you were being sarcastic.

Please?

stumblin, May 24, 2005
  15. stumblin

rsand I can't feel my toes

Just got back from the cinema and quite enjoyed it although I'm not a big star wars groupie. Trailers for war of the worlds, fantastic four and batman begins look ok.

rsand, May 24, 2005
  16. stumblin

wolfgang

The dark side of the Force has been strong. Turn us against Master Lucas it has. Watch without summit to anger with the Master Lucas you must. Then the return of your faith you will. After Episode 3 seen faith restored I have too. Now go meditate. May the Force be with you.

wolfgang, May 25, 2005
  17. stumblin

rsand I can't feel my toes

I thought it was good how they introduced the wookies, and in particular tubacca. The re-building of vader was a bit mary shelly and the robot work was a bit 'oh lets stick a leg on' but the birth of vader I liked. its difficult to introduce a character we allready know, and I think he added a bit of menace, his breathing esp. The building of the deathstar, the splitting of the children etc all set up the original movie, which I now want to watch again, along with the other 2 which I have never seen!

rsand, May 25, 2005
  18. stumblin

Lt Cdr Data om

I wasn't I thoroughly enjoyed it, great film.

Only slightly weak point imo was the sudden transition of annekin to the dark side, it should have been more gradual and menacing, not just 'I don't trust the jedi council'
    'I am lord vader'

the other 2 are weaker partic the 1st one, but 1st is funny in its racial charactures, liam neeson always good, and Obi wan...fogot his name, has got much better, he was a bit weak in part one.

Lt Cdr Data, May 25, 2005
  19. stumblin

Coda II getting there slowly

I think I'm with Master Wolfgang on this one.
    It was certainly less bad than I or II. Anakin was less bad after he got the mask on. Jar Jar was less bad because he didn't open his mouth.
    I liked the fact that we got Luke and Leia's themes in at the end but why it was felt necessary for Padme to name them I have no idea.
    Oh and lets send Luke somewhere where his father will not think of looking - to his uncle (Anakin's step brother) ?

Question though - if in ten to fifteen years you were to introduce the six films to a child - what order would you watch them?

The drama of the second (numericaly) trilogy surely works better if you haven't seen the first three. And if you were only going to try one as a starter it would have to be A New Hope.

Coda II, May 25, 2005
  20. stumblin

michaelab desafinado

I saw it (Revenge of the Sith) the other day and thought it was easily the best of the recent 3 (Episodes I, II & III). The effects were simply stunning and the plot and everything hung together so much better than the first two. Not as good as any of Episodes IV, V & VI though.

All in all, pretty enjoyable.

To answer Coda's question, I think that now it would make sense for someone to watch the films in chronological order of the story..allthough the difference in special effects from episodes III to IV would be a bit strange!

Michael.

michaelab, May 25, 2005
Ask a Question