Step ups

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tarzan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Tarzan

Tarzan

Hi all,l am looking for a step-up transformer for my EAR 802 pre-amp,at the moment l am using Ortofon T5s should l be aiming higher for say an Audionote/EAR Step-up? The 802 has Mullard CV4004 in the phono section, or should l go for say a Puresound P10 with step-up,would this better the 802? Vinyl front end is AVID Volvere/SME V/Lyra Helikon,tone-arm cable is Nordost Quattro -Fil,l should also point out that l use a TE Groove,but would like to swap between SS and Valve as the mood dictates,thanks for any help and enjoy the sunny weather!

Tarzan, Jun 4, 2008
  2. Tarzan

hifi addict

Have a chat to coopee as he does the Allnic Step up. I think he has one in stock and is not too far from you.

hifi addict, Jun 4, 2008
  3. Tarzan

Papa Lazarou

I will have a Living Voice prototype step-up for sale in the next week or so. Its sat on a Yew veneer chassis and utilises the excellent T2 transformers found in the top Audio Innovations model (T1000 I think). I'll be looking for £250 - Kevin sells something similar (in a different box) for circa £650. Ratio is 1:24 into 47Kohms. You'll need to spend around £800 to better it.

Piccie here.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/Papa_Lazarou/DSC_0185.jpg

Papa Lazarou, Jun 5, 2008
Ask a Question