Stress

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Dec 11, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

After a day of batteling out on the crappy EMACs at univeristy and nearly murdering one I finally got home at 7:00am to finish of this team work assignment.

I have since discovered we may fail as I have not met certain criteria. My other team mates are so damn lazy it is getting beyond a joke. They are just there because they can't be arsed to get a job but I am there to get an education and what to get a 2:1 which is damn hard to achieve.

It is too much of a long story to tell on here but I am stressed out because of uni work and its largely due to my lazy team and I have been left with the most of the work.

I want to do a Basil Fawlty and destroy an Austin 1100

amazingtrade, Dec 11, 2003
  2. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I shouldn't, but your wording of things and descriptions makes me laugh (regularly):D

Have you told the others to pull their weight? Maybe seems easier said than done, but first thing i'd do would be just tell them calmly that you're not happy and if what they're doing is going to effect you, you've got every right to be pissed off. But there's no point getting pissed off about it ;) If they don't pick up, then tell them you're going to mention it to the dude in charge, then do so.

However, it's possibly not as bad as you think! Maybe you're just getting over stressed about it? Either way, getting worked up over it wont change it!

MO!, Dec 12, 2003
  3. amazingtrade

batfink

Seconded.

I had the same problem once. Most of them left uni and got jobs within the first year. After that I was very careful about who I worked with (and got the 2:1 I wanted). Don't get stressed about it though - enjoy uni as much as you can because the stress soon increases when you start your career.:)

batfink, Dec 12, 2003
  4. amazingtrade

I am feeling a bit better today. We passed this radio interview assignment which I thought we would fail. We had ours at 9:45. The first demostration was at 9:00am the lecturerer listened to it for 2 mins and said "are you taking the piss! if you're going to produce shit like this you can ****ing get out!". It turned out their recording was clipping and they had not even bothered to normalise it or compress bits that needed to be.

He listened to ours and just said "You passed". So at least that is one stressful thing out of the way.

amazingtrade, Dec 12, 2003
  5. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

nice one...!
    I'm having a bad day at work...anyone know about sun one messaging, in particualr, their instant messaging..? hmm...

mr cat, Dec 12, 2003
  6. amazingtrade

Bill Phabb

drama queen?

Bill Phabb, Dec 12, 2003
  7. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

stalker?

You seem to show a lot of interest in AT

MO!, Dec 12, 2003
  8. amazingtrade