Study - Brand Management

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pag, May 22, 2008.

1. pag

pag

I'm studying Brand Management in a Marketing Business School and my project is the creation of a High End Amplifiers Brand so i need your colaboration, can you please fill an survey about brand management in the link below:

http://diamondamplifiers.blogspot.com/

Note: I can assure you that this inquiry doesn't have any commercial interest and is completly anonymous.

Thank you for your colaboration!

Paulo Matos

pag, May 22, 2008
  2. pag

Bob McC living the life of Riley

you want to get your survey proof read for spelling

Bob McC, May 22, 2008
  3. pag

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Paulo, You need a preliminary questionaire before you jump into this level of detail, all this questionaire shows is your own preconceptions about what is important.

You need to establish a much better baseline regardign people's preferneces for product characteristics and what they base their general purchasing decisions on to see if other factors weigth heavily for amplifier purchases.

For instance, pick ten charcteristics and then ask people to select the most important of a pair, and pair them all off against each other, then you can number chrunch to find out which characteristic is the most important.

If you dont place every characteristic against every other one then your sampling is skewed and your data valueless.

ie

a or b
    a or c
    a or d
    b or d
    b or c
    c or d

score one point each time one is picked and correlate an inverse value for not being picked. then you have a ranking that is unaffected by how you ask the question.

just asking people to rank items in orders does not give you the same response in terms of value or accuracy.

Solid unbiased data is the basis of all good market reasearch, and without good data the assumptions you build the brand around will be flawed.

Simon
    Marketing Director.

sq225917, May 22, 2008
  4. pag

johnandchris

I agree in the main with the previous point. However it depends on what type of analysis you are choosing to do. If you are going to analyse statistically (ie quantitative, then a comparisson like the one suggested is ideal, however if your research takes the from of a more detailed qualitative research methodology then more liberty can be taken with the questions. Furthermore, if your methodology takes in a more deconstrucivist point of view (or ultimately more obscure research) then the debate is wide open.

The cardinal rule of research is Know the question that you want to ask. It seems that possibly your question is far too broad and a channeling towards finer points may be in order.

Just my two pence worth

johnandchris, May 22, 2008
  5. pag

DavidF

(Yes, get it proof read.)

There was something that didn't add up for me about this survey

I don't know anything about but I think Simon's got it here.

Also, for my money, its ALL got to be multiple choice, menue choice (whatever you call it). I'm not interetsed in typing anything if I fill in a survey.

Its got to be really quick and easy.....or I just give it a miss!

DavidF, May 22, 2008
  6. pag

pag

Thank you for the sugestions, but i wont be abble to correct it now.
    I will take it in consideration on the next survey.

Once again thank you for your tips.

Paulo

pag, May 22, 2008
  7. pag

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

I imagine Paulo designing hifi with wonderfully engineered end panels but little real substance... ;-)

sq225917, May 22, 2008
  8. pag

DavidF

So this sounds like statistics Simon?

I did this a bit when I worled at my local agric college which did trials work as well as the academic side.

Its going back a bit now but I know the under/post grads used to use "statistica" and another I don't recall now!.

DavidF, May 23, 2008
  9. pag

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Stats, mmm one of the joys of my job is trawling through about 5000 customer/product registration forms each year, seeing how our demographic is shifitng...

sq225917, May 23, 2008
Ask a Question